Putting the pieces of your life back together after a motorcycle accident can be difficult, especially if you are recovering from a severe injury. When you work with Bader Scott Injury Lawyers, you will not have to worry about legal issues arising from your collision.
Our Garden City motorcycle accident attorneys will handle your case and aggressively pursue the compensation you need to get your life back on track. In addition, we can represent you during your insurance claim or lawsuit at no upfront cost to you.
Motorcycles Leave Riders Vulnerable to Severe Injuries in Accidents
When motorcycles and cars collide, there is nothing to shield motorcycle riders from the brunt of the impact. Without the protection of a vehicle cab, motorcyclists have a greater chance of sustaining a serious or fatal injury. Motorcycle riders also risk being thrown from their bike, potentially into oncoming traffic. Common motorcycle accident injuries include:
- Head, face, and neck injuries
- Spinal injuries and paralysis
- Shoulder injuries
- Severe bruising and lacerations (road rash)
- Loss of an arm or leg
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI)
- Chest and abdominal injuries
- Internal bleeding
- Broken, crushed, or fractured bones
The Garden City area has a high rate of severe motorcycle accidents. According to the Georgia motorcycle traffic safety fact sheet data, Chatham County had the fourth-highest number of motorcyclists (62) transported by emergency medical services (EMS) in the state in 2019.
For a free legal consultation with a motorcycle accidents lawyer serving Garden City, call (404) 888-8888
Motorcycle Accidents Cost Georgians Millions in Medical Fees
According to the Georgia Department of Driver Services, motorcycle-related injuries cost Georgians more than $220 million in the emergency department and hospitalization charges in 2019. If you or a loved one were injured in an accident, our motorcycle accident lawyers could help you pursue compensation for:
- Emergency transportation and treatment
- Surgeries and medical procedures
- Hospital stays
- Doctor bills
- Therapy and rehabilitation
- In-home healthcare services and equipment
- Follow-up care
- Medical travel expenses
In addition to the cost of your medical treatment, we can also help you seek awards for:
- Motorcycle and personal property damages, including the cost of fixing or replacing your bike and the value of any other damaged personal property, such as watches, cellphones, or jewelry.
- Lost wages, earnings, and benefits, including bonuses, tips, or retirement contributions, and the loss of your future earning capacity.
- Pain and suffering, including compensation for physical pain, past and future mental anguish, and loss of enjoyment of life.
Garden City Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Near Me (404) 888-8888
We Can Help If Your Loved One Suffered a Fatal Injury in a Motorcycle Accident
When a person dies because of another party’s negligence, the deceased’s family members may bring a wrongful death suit to collect damages the deceased could have pursued had they lived. According to O.C.G.A. § 9-3-33, you can seek compensation if you are the deceased’s surviving spouse, child, or parent. If there are no qualifying survivors, the deceased’s executor can seek awards on behalf of the estate and next of kin.
Wrongful death compensation may include:
- Awards for the surviving family members for the loss of their loved one’s advice, counsel, and companionship
- The deceased’s lost wages, including income they would have earned, had they lived
- Medical expenses
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Any other necessary costs resulting from the deceased’s accident and fatal injury
Our Garden City Attorneys Will Investigate Your Accident
To achieve compensation, you must prove your accident and injuries resulted from someone else’s negligent or wrongful behavior. Unless you have legal experience, this can be daunting. So let our team use their legal knowledge and professional resources to build a robust case.
We Will Collect Evidence and Consult with Experts
We will gather physical evidence from the scene of your motorcycle crash and may enlist the help of a reconstruction expert. We will also obtain available surveillance, dashcam, or cell phone video and collect medical bills and records, police reports, eyewitness statements, and other relevant documentation.
We may consult with doctors about your injuries and future care needs, psychologists about how your accident and injuries affect your mental and emotional states, and economists about the overall financial impact of your accident. Once we have conducted a thorough investigation, we will review the evidence to determine who or what caused your collision. Common causes of motorcycle accidents include:
- Drinking and driving
- Driver distraction
- Improper left turns
- Illegal lane splitting
- Following a motorcycle too closely
- Bad road design
- Defective vehicles or parts, such as faulty brakes or tires
We Will Seek Compensation from All Liable Parties
We want you to get the maximum amount of compensation available to you. We will calculate your out-of-pocket expenses and pursue an insurance claim or lawsuit against all those liable. This may include:
- A vehicle driver
- A driver’s employer
- Another motorcyclist
- A motorcycle or vehicle manufacturer
- A roadway owner
We Will Fight for You and Your Family
Our Garden City motorcycle accident lawyers are here to help you seek justice. We will represent you throughout the process of pursuing awards, and we will not let insurance agents or opposing attorneys threaten, intimidate, or pressure you into accepting a settlement that is less than you deserve.
We will submit your insurance claims and related paperwork and evidence. If your case goes to court, we will file your personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit before the two-year statute of limitations outlined in O.C.G.A. § 9-3-33 runs out. We will fight for you and the best possible outcome, whether that is via insurance negotiations or trial litigation.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Bader Scott Injury Lawyers’ Service Commitments
Our firm puts our clients and their needs at the forefront of everything we do. We promise to:
- Do our best to respond to phone calls and emails within 24 hours
- Provide respectful and compassionate representation from a team of legal professionals
- Treat you with respect and give you our utmost attention when discussing your case
- Give you a fair agreement, in writing, detailing our services and representation
- Provide you with regular updates and always allow you the final say when it comes to your case
Contact a Garden City motorcycle accident lawyer from our office for a free consultation to get started on your case today.