More than 40 percent of fatal crashes in the United States happen at stop sign controlled-intersections, according to the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) Office of Safety. Because these accidents may involve drivers who are not stopping and either continuing their same rate of speed or speeding up, the crashes that result often involve greater impacts. Victims who were obeying traffic laws may wind up with serious injuries, or may be killed in these accidents due to the actions of careless drivers.
If you or a loved one was injured in an accident like this in Atlanta, Georgia, an Atlanta running a stop signal accident lawyer can help protect your rights. The team from Bader Scott Injury Lawyers works on behalf of victims to hold negligent parties responsible for the harm they caused. Call us at (404) 888-8888 to learn more.
Georgia Stop Signals Laws
Georgia has a number of traffic laws related to stop signals. Drivers must obey all traffic laws, including:
- Georgia Code § 40-6-20: all drivers must obey all official traffic-control devices.
- Georgia Code § 40-6-72: every driver approaching a stop sign must stop at a clearly marked stop line, crosswalk, or the point nearest the intersection where they can see oncoming traffic. They must yield the right-of-way to vehicles at the intersection or approaching from another roadway.
- Georgia Code § 40-6-23: drivers must stop in the same manner if there is a flashing red stop signal.
- Georgia Code § 40-6-70: when two vehicles approach an intersection at about the same time, the driver on the left must yield the right-of-way of the driver on the right.
An Atlanta running a stop signal accident lawyer can review your claim and determine if these laws or others were violated by a negligent driver.
For a free legal consultation with a running a stop signal lawyer serving Atlanta, call (404) 888-8888
Why Do So Many Accidents Occur at Intersections with Stop Signals?
Stop signals are installed in high traffic areas to regulate traffic. However, people sometimes choose to disregard them for a number of reasons, including:
- They are in a hurry and do not want to wait at a light
- They speed up when the light is yellow and run through a red light
- They are driving in less populated areas and think no one else is around
- They are texting and driving and do not notice the stop sign or light
- They are not paying attention and do not realize the vehicle in front of them is stopped
- They turn on a red light but do not pay attention to vehicles that have the right-of-way
- They cannot see the stop sign due to obstructions or poor weather
The team from Bader Scott Injury Lawyers can investigate your claim and determine the factors that may have contributed to it, and whether there are other parties that may share in the legal liability. Call us at (404) 888-8888 for a free initial consultation.
Atlanta Running a Stop Signal Lawyer Near Me (404) 888-8888
How Our Team Can Help
Our team can help you possibly recover compensation you may be entitled to for the damages you suffered.
Our services include conducting a thorough investigation of your claim. We can review the accident report and see if the other driver was cited for running a stop signal. We can also see if there were eyewitnesses who observed the accident and interview them. Our team will take all necessary steps to collect and preserve evidence that may help establish liability in your claim.
Bader Scott Injury Lawyers understands that running a stop signal accidents may result in life-changing injuries. Your health and recovery should be your primary focus, and our team can take the legal aspect of the claim off your shoulders so you can tend to your health.
We also know that you may be facing financial distress due to medical bills, along with potentially losing wages while being unable to work during your recovery. Our team can collect evidence of the damages you have sustained and will accrue in the future to prepare a demand package covering all the compensation you may be entitled to following an accident. Then we can provide this documentation to the insurance company that covers the at-fault driver.
Most accident victims do not routinely deal with insurance adjusters, and they may not know the tactics insurers may use to try to reduce the value of a claim. Our team can handle communications with the insurance company and help you avoid making critical mistakes in your claim, such as:
- Agreeing to give a recorded statement
- Signing blanket medical authorization forms
- Accepting a lowball offer
- Stating that you are “fine” or that you are not injured before you have a chance to be evaluated
- Signing forms that insurance adjusters use to limit settlement figures
The sooner you consider hiring a lawyer, the more likely they can help to preserve evidence and strengthen your claim. Contact us so that we can get started on your claim.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Contact Our Team at Bader Scott Injury Lawyers for a Free Consultation
If you or a loved one was injured because of a driver’s negligent decision to run a red light or stop sign, Bader Scott Injury Lawyers can help. An Atlanta running a stop signal accident lawyers know the type of evidence you should present to prove your claim. Our team also knows the serious injuries that you or a loved one may have suffered, and how important it is for you to concentrate on your recovery instead of an insurance claim. We charge no attorney fees unless we recover the compensation you may be entitled to for your claim. We also provide free consultations, so call us at (404) 888-8888 to find out more.
Call or text (404) 888-8888 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form