While countless accidents that result in bone fractures occur, in many cases, these accidents are attributable to someone else’s negligent or reckless actions. For instance, car accident injuries can be the fault of another driver, while slip and fall injuries may be the property owner’s responsibility.
In your case, our firm’s Atlanta broken bones and fractures lawyer wants to fight for justice and compensation. We can calculate how much your personal injuries are worth, negotiate a settlement that covers your present and future needs, and more.
What Else Does a Lawyer Do?
The team at Bader Scott Injury Lawyers can handle just about every aspect of your case on your behalf. This includes every task, large and small, associated with seeking compensation, such as:
Investigating the Accident’s Cause
It is critical to find proof that your broken bones and fractures only happened because someone else did not behave as they were supposed to. An Atlanta lawyer from Bader Scott Injury Lawyers can seek that proof from:
- Surveillance footage
- Police reports
- Expert testimony
- Witness testimony
- Photos of the scene
- Your statement and any documentary evidence you have
We can also request your medical records to prove that you suffered a bone fracture and that the fracture required the types of treatments you are seeking compensation for.
Confronting the Liable Party
In most cases, you need to persuade not the liable party but their insurance company to pay you compensation. We can let them know how much compensation you are seeking and:
- Contact you whenever they reply to our communications
- Schedule a time to sit down and negotiate with them
- Discuss any settlement offers they make with you and whether they are worth accepting
We can also represent you at trial if the insurer refuses to pay. However, this is not always necessary. We can often secure a pretrial settlement.
Answering Your Questions
It is normal to feel confused and overwhelmed by the legal system, especially when you are already dealing with a severe injury. You may feel better and more confident about your case if you have the team at Bader Scott Injury Lawyers to:
- Provide a free case review, informing you of your rights and whether or not you are eligible to file a claim or lawsuit
- Respond to any questions or concerns you have promptly
- Make sure you have the information you need to make the best possible decisions about your future
- Keep you updated about your case’s progress and always consult you before accepting a settlement offer or making another important decision
For a free legal consultation with a broken bones and fractures lawyer serving Atlanta, call (404) 888-8888
Do Bone Fractures Qualify Me for Compensation?
Yes, if you suffered bone fractures and other serious injuries, you qualify to seek compensation from the liable party. Compensation comes in many forms, including:
- Pain and suffering: This refers to the physical pain caused by the broken bone and the emotional pain resulting from a traumatic event or severe injury.
- Reduced quality of life: You cannot enjoy yourself or engage in the same activities (including work, household chores, and so on) that you used to do.
- Disability: Broken bones are a type of temporary disability for which you can seek compensation. If they or your other injuries lead to a permanent disability (e.g., chronic pain, a limp), you could also seek money.
- Loss of wages: You had to stay home from work due to the fracture and reduce working hours to accommodate the injury.
- Medical expenses: Fractures may require x-rays and other diagnostic tests, surgery, follow-up care, assistive devices like crutches, pain medication, and physical therapy, among other expensive treatments.
- Property damage: This is particularly relevant in traffic accident cases where your vehicle requires repair. However, it can refer to any lost or damaged property.
Atlanta Broken Bones and Fractures Lawyer Near Me (404) 888-8888
How Do Broken Bones Accidents Happen?
Our firm handles many kinds of personal injury cases. The common link between them is negligence. Someone who should have looked out for your welfare failed to do so. This can happen in the following situations:
A traffic accident can result in broken bones and other injuries, whether in the car, walking across the street, or riding a motorcycle. This is especially true in truck accident cases, as a truck’s greater size and weight are more likely to cause severe injuries, including fractures than other vehicles.
In traffic accident cases, you may be able to sue another driver, an auto part manufacturer, or someone else.
Although sometimes called “slip and fall” accidents, premises liability cases may involve any accident that occurs on another person’s property. The property owner is responsible for keeping their property hazard-free, and failure to do so opens them up to lawsuits from guests, customers, employees, and others.
The only exception, as stated at O.C.G.A. § 51-3-3, is if you were trespassing on the owner’s property. In this case, the owner owes the injured party nothing.
Suppose you were injured while on the job. You could be entitled to receive workers’ compensation benefits until you are healed enough to go back to work. It is essential to report the injury to your employer as soon as possible so they can talk to their insurance company about getting you the benefits you need.
If your employer or their insurance company does not offer you what you feel are fair benefits, a lawyer from our firm can fight for you.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Hire an Atlanta Attorney Today
O.C.G.A. § 9-3-33 states that you only have two years from the date of injury to take legal action against the liable parties. Bader Scott Injury Lawyers wants you to know that you are not alone in this fight. Call us for a free consultation if you suffer broken bones and fractures after any accident. One of our Atlanta lawyers may be able to help.