If you were injured in a rear-end collision, dealing with the legal aspects of filing a claim can cause unnecessary stress. Meanwhile, your medical bills are piling up, you have had to miss work and the income it provides, and you haven’t received any compensation.
Instead of handling your case yourself, an Atlanta rear-end collisions attorney can do all of the work for you so you can focus on recovering.
An Atlanta Rear-End Collisions Attorney Can Help You Recover Compensation
Your road to recovery and a return to normalcy requires fair compensation to cover your losses. It’s not just about your medical bills but also lost wages due to missing time from work, property damage, and even wrongful death, if you lost a loved one due to the accident.
Filing a claim with the insurance company doesn’t guarantee they will offer you the compensation you deserve. When this happens, an attorney from our firm can seek recoverable damages on your behalf and, if necessary, take your case to court.
For a free legal consultation with a rear-end collisions lawyer serving Atlanta, call (404) 888-8888
Types Of Recoverable Damages
The types of recoverable damages we can seek on your behalf are economic and non-economic damages.
Economic damages mean compensation for verifiable monetary losses. This includes:
- Medical expenses
- Physical therapy
- Lost wages and benefits
- Child care
- Vehicle damage
- Cost of services
- Future medical costs
Non-economic damages are also known as non-monetary losses. This includes:
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional and mental distress
- Loss of consortium (companionship with your spouse)
- Loss of enjoyment of life
If you suffered the loss of a loved one in a collision, we sincerely offer our most heartfelt condolences. We understand this is a heartbreaking time in your life, and we want to help you. To that end, our firm will focus on recovering your compensation while you focus on grieving and healing.
Atlanta Rear-End Collisions Lawyer Near Me (404) 888-8888
How Much Compensation Will I Get?
The compensation you receive will depend on the specifics of your accident. Georgia is an at-fault state, according to O.C.G.A. § 51-12-33, which means the driver who is at fault is responsible for paying the damages due to their negligence.
It’s also possible that more than one party is at fault for the accident. When that happens, Georgia law allows for the assignment of percentages of fault. Your lawyer will explain this in detail and answer any questions about the compensation you may be able to collect.
Our law firm is dedicated to fighting for you to get your life back. We have secured six- and seven-figure settlements for our clients. While we can’t guarantee the amount you will receive, we will work hard to ensure you receive just compensation for your injuries and losses.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
What Factors Will Determine the Value of My Claim?
One of the key services we provide is calculating the value of your compensation claim. Determining this value depends on several factors.
- Your injuries:The seriousness of your injuries will impact your compensation claim. Maybe you only have cuts and bruises. However, more serious injuries such as a concussion, whiplash, or broken bones usually result in costly medical bills.
- Property damage:A rear-end collision can seriously damage your vehicle, so you will need money for repairs. The amount of damage will depend on the seriousness of the accident.
- At-fault percentage:Again, Georgia is an at-fault state, so your compensation will depend on the percentage of your responsibility for the crash.
- Lost wages and benefits:Depending on your injuries, you could miss time at work or be unable to work anymore, resulting in lost wages and the money you need to pay your bills.
Your attorney can discuss this with you and review any details specific to your case.
Benefits Of Having an Atlanta Car Accident Attorney On Your Side
Fighting to win your compensation claim on your own can be draining and frustrating. You must navigate the legal system and deal with insurance companies while recovering from your injuries and struggling to pay your bills.
Obtaining the services of an attorney from our law firm can lift this burden from your shoulders and provide you with several key benefits:
- Investigate the accident:We will thoroughly investigate the accident, which includes taking photographs, gathering evidence, obtaining police reports, and accessing your medical records to put together a clearer picture of what happened so we can produce a strong compensation claim.
- Calculate your claim: We will calculate how much compensation you need so you can get a fair settlement that will cover your losses.
- Negotiate with insurance companies: Insurance companies make low offers to settle claims for the least amount possible. They also have attorneys of their own. Having an attorney on your side who can negotiate on your behalf evens the playing field.
- Represent you at trial: If we can’t settle with the insurance company, we will file a lawsuit and represent you in court.
Cost Of an Atlanta Rear-End Collisions Attorney
Our law firm offers free consultations and works on a contingency-fee basis, which means we don’t get paid unless we win your case. We believe you shouldn’t worry about paying us during this difficult time.
We will collect our fee only after we win your case and you receive compensation. Until then, there are no upfront costs.
You Have a Limited Amount of Time to Act
If the insurance company denies your claim or offers you a low settlement, you have a time limit of two years to file a lawsuit to recover the compensation you need, according to O.C.G.A. § 9-3-33. In addition, the limit to recovering compensation for wrongful death is two years via the same statute.
If you can’t reach a settlement with the insurance company and miss the deadline, you lose your right to recover damages.
Once you hire us, your lawyer will make sure everything is done on time so you meet all the deadlines set by the state.
Contact an Atlanta Rear-End Collisions Attorney Today
You do not have to deal with your compensation case all by yourself. Bader Scott Injury Lawyers handle rear-end collisions in Atlanta and throughout Georgia.
It’s crucial that you receive the compensation you deserve to regain a sense of normalcy in your life. Contact us for a free consultation today.