Spinal injuries are among the more devastating injuries you can sustain in an accident. They can cost tens of thousands of dollars (if not more) to treat, permanently affect your ability to work, and prevent you from living the way you once did.
An Atlanta spinal injury/attorney from our office can fight to ensure you receive proper compensation for such a severe, life-altering injury. This includes compensation for medical bills, lost wages, and physical and emotional suffering.
Taking Action After a Spinal Injury
A personal injury, especially one as catastrophic as a spinal injury, should always be taken seriously. This means you should:
- Get immediate medical attention
- Follow all of your doctor’s instructions and advice
- Speak to a law firm about your right to file a lawsuit
Even if you are unsure if you want to take legal action, it is still a good idea to consult a lawyer as soon as possible. This is because you have a limited time to file suit after an accident. If you try to file a case more than two years after your accident date, the law cannot recognize your right to damages, per O.C.G.A. § 9-3-33. Consulting a lawyer protects your rights.
Bader Scott Injury Lawyers wants to help you after a spinal injury in Atlanta. We can assign an attorney to represent you as you seek to hold the liable party accountable for their devastating actions. Among other things, we can:
- Assess your situation at no cost, risk, or obligation to you
- Explain your rights in terms you can understand and take the time to answer all of your questions on any relevant topic
- Figure out who the liable party is in your case and how much money you should ask them for, based on their actions and how severe your injuries are
- Tell the liable party that you intend to sue and then continue to manage all communications on your behalf
- Build a strong case by collecting evidence from the police, your doctor, you, eyewitnesses, and experts with relevant areas of expertise
- Negotiate with the insurance company and prevent them from offering you a settlement that is too low to meet your needs
- Represent you in the courtroom, if the insurance company is not inclined to offer fair compensation
In exchange, you pay us our attorney’s fee only after you receive compensation. If your case concludes without receiving payment, you owe us nothing.
For a free legal consultation with a spinal injury lawyer serving Atlanta, call (404) 888-8888
Damages for Spinal Injuries in Atlanta
No matter what type of spinal cord injury you sustained, if someone else’s negligence caused it, you have the right to pursue financial compensation.
Georgia state laws allow you to seek damages to help you adjust to life after a spinal injury. You could benefit from compensation for losses like:
- Permanent disability: Spinal injuries can lead to lifelong disabilities, including paralysis. The pain and difficulty of living with such an injury could entitle you to compensation.
- Temporary disability: Even if you are expected to recover from your spinal injury, you could still be reimbursed for the trouble it has caused you.
- Pain and suffering: Physical and psychological anguish are inevitable side effects of dealing with and recovering from a spinal injury.
- Reduced quality of life: Spinal cord injuries can prevent you from regaining your total health, performing fun or necessary activities, and resuming your previous lifestyle.
- Medical expenses: Spinal injuries can be costly to treat. You could be compensated for surgery, physical therapy, assistive devices, home nursing, and more.
- Loss of income: The longer you have to stay away from work, the more you stand to lose in wages, job benefits, and so on.
- Loss of employment opportunities: Temporary and permanent injuries can negatively affect your career. You might have to retire early or undergo vocational rehabilitation training.
- Other expenses: For example, if your injury has forced you to pay someone to perform household chores you once did, the cost of hiring that person could entitle you to damages.
We know that no amount of money can get you your old life back or make up for all the pain you have gone through. These damages can ensure you can afford all the treatment you need and give you a firm financial foundation from which to rebuild your life.
Atlanta Spinal Injury Lawyer Near Me (404) 888-8888
What Causes Spinal Injuries?
Any accident where you suffer a blow to the head or the back can result in a spinal injury. Our firm handles a variety of spinal injury cases, including those involving:
- Motor vehicle accidents: Getting hit by a car, truck, motorcycle, or another vehicle can produce the kind of hard impact that results in a spinal injury.
- Workplace accidents: Some workplaces are more dangerous than others. You could suffer a spinal injury by falling, being crushed by equipment, or getting hit on the head by falling debris.
- Premises liability accidents: If your accident occurred on someone else’s property, they could be held liable for broken walkways, unkempt lawns, unprotected swimming pools, and so forth.
We encourage anyone who has sustained a spinal injury to talk to us at their earliest convenience. A team member would be happy to tell you more about the services we offer and what your rights are following a spinal injury.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Our Lawyers Take Personal Injury Cases in Atlanta
Bader Scott Injury Lawyers believes that those suffering from spinal injuries should not also have to deal with the legal process alone. An Atlanta attorney from our office would be happy to help you manage your case. Call us at any time for a risk-free case review. It doesn’t cost you anything and only take a few minutes of your time.