Neck and back injuries can be devastating and hurt your personal and professional life. An Atlanta neck and back injury attorney from our office can help you seek justice if you have sustained such an injury.
Neck and back injuries may entitle you to various financial compensation from the at-fault party. The money you receive could help you pay for medical expenses, household bills, and more.
Getting Personal Injury Compensation in Atlanta
When you file a lawsuit against the party who caused your injury, the burden of proof is on you. In other words, you must show that:
- The party you are suing was supposed to protect those around them by behaving in a certain way (e.g., drivers must follow the rules of the road, and doctors must “do no harm”)
- The at-fault party breached their duty of care towards you
- The party’s breach of duty caused your accident, which in turn caused your neck and back injuries
- Your neck and back injuries have had a harmful effect on your health, career, personal life, and finances
A personal injury attorney from Bader Scott Injury Lawyers can build the strongest possible case on your behalf, enabling you to fight for compensation without putting in the effort that would be better spent on recuperating from your injuries.
How We Work
Our team’s first job is to ensure you have a legally valid case that the court will accept. We do this by collecting evidence from various sources and combining them to tell a cohesive, persuasive story about your accident and its aftermath. In past cases, we have found evidence in:
- Police reports
- Medical records and reports
- Video and photo footage
- Witness statements
- Expert opinions
This evidence would not only tell us what happened before, during, and after the accident, but it can also help us calculate how much your injuries are worth. This way, if the insurance company tries to undervalue your case and offer a settlement that is too small, you will know it.
We Protect Your Rights
Our team knows how the law works in Georgia. We want to ensure that you understand it too, and are equipped to make the best possible decisions regarding your case. To accomplish this, we can:
- Offer you a free case evaluation
- Answer all your questions whenever you think of them
- Advise you on what your options are and which one may serve you best
Bader Scott Injury Lawyers can even confront the insurance company for you. This entails:
- Sending them a demand letter that details what happened and why you deserve the amount of money you want them to pay
- Assessing any settlement offers they make so you can be positive they reflect your needs
- Negotiating for an appropriate settlement if they do not offer you a fair amount right away
- Representing you in the courtroom, if they refuse to offer a satisfactory settlement outside of a trial
Once an agreement has been reached, we can draw up the paperwork for you to sign. You will owe us no attorney’s fees if we cannot get you compensation.
For a free legal consultation with a neck and back injury lawyer serving Atlanta, call (404) 888-8888
Damages for Neck and Back Injuries
In most cases, you have two years to take legal action against the party who caused your injury, as stated in O.C.G.A. § 9-3-33. Such an action could enable you to receive compensation from the liable party’s insurance company. This money would cover any money you spent or lost due to:
- Medical bills, including money spent on pain medication, surgery, hospitalization, assistive devices, and more
- Property damage, mainly if your injury occurred due to a car accident and your vehicle needed repairs
- Lost working hours, including the time you have already taken off work as well as the time you will not be able to work in the future due to chronic injuries
- Lost employment, if your injury is bad enough that you have to quit your job and retire or train for a new job that will better accommodate your injury
The compensation you demand should also include money for your physical and emotional injuries, not just the financial losses they caused. You could receive payment based on:
- Pain and suffering, including both the physical and psychological strain you have had to endure since the accident
- Reduced quality of life, which includes any injury that prevents you from regaining your health, performing all the activities you once did, or leading the kind of life you want
- Disability, if your injury has cost you the use of any part of your body on a temporary or permanent basis
- Loss of consortium, or how the accident has intruded upon your relationships with loved ones
Atlanta Neck and Back Injury Lawyer Near Me (404) 888-8888
The Different Kinds of Neck and Back Injuries
There are many kinds of neck and back injuries you could suffer in an accident, including:
- Slipped, herniated, or ruptured discs
- Vertebral fractures
- Pinched nerves
Depending on what kind of injury you suffered and how serious it is, you could experience symptoms like:
- Pain or stiffness
- Numbness or tingling
- Loss of range of motion
These and other neck and back injuries could result from various accidents. An Atlanta-based attorney from Bader Scott Injury Lawyers can help you if you were involved in:
- A motor vehicle accident: Whiplash is a typical car accident, but you could also suffer other kinds of neck and back injuries.
- Medical malpractice: If your doctor fails to do their job correctly, you could be left with new or worsened pain.
- A premises liability accident: Slipping or tripping on another person’s property could easily cause an injury to your neck or back.
- A workplace accident: Your workplace could contain many potential hazards, including heights, uncovered pits, falling objects, or large equipment and vehicles.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Let Our Lawyers Help You
We take all neck and back injuries seriously at Bader Scott Injury Lawyers. Please call us for a free case evaluation as soon as possible so an attorney from our Atlanta office can begin work on your case. We charge no attorney’s fees unless and until you receive compensation.