If you or a loved one was injured in an accident with an Uber or Lyft driver, you may not only be entitled to recover compensation for your pain and suffering—you could also recover compensation for your medical bills.
Car crashes, whether they involve a rideshare driver or not, can cause you to incur costs you didn’t intend on paying for. If you’re out of work, need to have medical treatment, or want help filing a claim, let an Uber and Lyft rideshare accident lawyer in the Mableton area handle it for you.
Bader Scott Injury Lawyers has secured million-dollar settlements for our clients, and we are determined to secure a favorable outcome for you as well.
How is Compensation Recovered after an Accident with an Uber or Lyft Driver?
Rideshare companies, like Uber and Lyft, not only require their drivers to carry insurance coverage, but the companies themselves also have policies in place that can cover accidents. This means you may be able to obtain compensation from the driver’s insurance carrier or the rideshare company’s insurer.
Explaining the Claims Process
Now, before you can recover anything, you will need to file a claim. However, before you contact either party’s insurance carrier, you are advised to have an Uber and Lyft rideshare accident lawyer who has handled cases in the Mableton area on your side.
- The insurance company may try to obtain a recorded statement from you with the hopes that you will say something that could minimize the value of your claim.
- The insurance company may neglect to answer your phone calls, emails, and text messages in a timely manner, hoping that you will drop your claim.
- The claims adjuster might try to pressure you into accepting an unfair deal.
To prevent this from happening, you are encouraged to obtain legal advice from Bader Scott Injury Lawyers. We can protect you against the bad faith insurance practices that are prohibited under OCGA §33-6-34.
For a free legal consultation with a uber and lyft rideshare accidents lawyer serving Mableton, call (404) 888-8888
We Can Calculate the Value of Your Case
After you file a claim with either party’s insurance carrier, they may offer you a settlement. However, if you do not know the cost of your damages, there is no way for you to know if an offer is fair.
Although the insurance company will come up with its own value for what your case is worth, our rideshare accident lawyers in Mableton will determine its approximate value based on evidence, such as:
- Your medical bills
- Employment records
- Testimony from your friends and family members
- Your property damage receipts
- Various invoices and billing statements related to your losses
We will also ask ourselves the following questions when determining the value of your losses:
- How has your life changed since the accident?
- What types of injuries did you suffer?
- Are you permanently disabled as a result of the accident?
- Will you need to obtain ongoing medical treatment?
- Are you unable to work? How long does your doctor anticipate you being out of work?
In the event the insurer doesn’t want to cover your claim, even though you are entitled to compensation, we can then explore the other options that are available to you.
Specific Examples of Recoverable Losses
Here is a list that outlines some of your possible recoverable damages following your rideshare accident in Mableton:
- Medical bills. This includes the necessary cost of treating your injuries, which can include hospitalization, surgery, and medications.
- Lost wages. If your injuries caused you to lose income, tips, commissions, and bonuses, we can pursue the cost of those losses.
- Reduced future earning capacity. If your condition will prevent you from working full-time or the same amount of hours in the future, we can calculate the harm to your earning ability.
- Pain and suffering. This damage compensates you for the physical and emotional hardships brought on by your injuries.
- Property damage expenses. If your car was damaged as a result of the rideshare accident, we can determine the value of your car’s repairs or replacement.
Depending on your situation, you could be entitled to other losses not listed above.
Mableton Uber and Lyft Rideshare Accident Lawyer Near Me (404) 888-8888
You Could File a Lawsuit Against the at-Fault Party
Generally, when insurance limits are exhausted or coverage isn’t available, you may be able to bring a lawsuit against the at-fault party. Georgia imposes a rule called the statute of limitations, which is detailed under OCGA §9-3-33.
Generally, you have two years from the date of your accident to pursue the at-fault party for compensation via a lawsuit. While two years might sound like a substantial amount of time, if you already spent months going back and forth with the insurer, your timeframe to sue has already been shortened.
Our team can file your potential lawsuit on time and handle the litigation process for you.
Who is Liable for a Rideshare Accident: the Driver or the Company?
When a car accident involves an Uber or Lyft driver, it may be unclear to you who is liable for the crash. Is it the driver or the rideshare company? The answer is: it could be either. If you were being transported by the driver to your requested destination, then you may have a claim against the rideshare company.
However, if you were traveling in your own vehicle at the time of the collision, then it depends on what the other driver was doing just before the accident.
For example, Uber says it will extend coverage to a driver when:
- The driver is en route to pick up a rider.
- The driver is transporting an individual to their destination.
- The driver is waiting or available to provide a ride.
If the driver is offline or their app is off, then the motorist’s personal insurance company may then be liable for covering the accident.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Choose Bader Scott Injury Lawyers after an Uber or Lyft Accident in Mableton
Bader Scott Injury Lawyers can help you recover compensation for your collision-related losses. You can call us at (404) 888-8888 to begin your free case review.