Rear-end collisions can result in injuries that range from minor bumps and bruises to catastrophic and permanent impairments. Even in a relatively minor car accident, however, you may be eligible for damages to offset the unexpected costs of medical treatment and repairs.
Dealing with the aftermath of a wreck in Macon can be challenging enough, but handling insurance claims and personal injury cases amid all your other concerns can be overwhelming. A rear-end collisions lawyer from Bader Scott Injury Lawyers can help you get through the various steps of the legal process and seek compensation for your losses.
How Our Law Firm Can Help You Following a Rear-End Collision
After you have suffered injuries in a rear-end collision, you likely will be unsure what to do first. You may know that you need to file an insurance claim with the insurance company for the driver who is responsible for your crash, but you may not be sure how to effectively do that. Plus, you likely are dealing with medical treatment, steadily mounting medical bills, and repairing or replacing your vehicle.
A rear-end collisions lawyer from our law firm can assist you in various ways to help resolve legal issues related to your Macon car accident. More specifically, we can assist you with the following tasks:
- File an insurance claim with the insurance company for the at-fault driver
- Determine whether any other parties might be liable for the collision, such as an employer for the responsible driver
- Represent your interests in giving your side of the story to the insurance company
- Negotiate a fair settlement with the insurance company
- Take your case to court, if necessary
- Handle all communications with third parties on your behalf
Handling Negotiations with Insurance Companies for You
We can help ensure that you do not say anything to the insurance company that might prejudice your case or appear to be an admission of guilt. Injury victims who try to handle insurance claims on their own may run into many challenges. Insurance companies may try to minimize your injuries, blame you for causing the accident, or deny your claim altogether.
We will work to negotiate with the insurance company to provide you with a settlement amount that adequately compensates you for your losses.
Why You Should Choose Our Law Firm
When you are facing bodily injuries that may impact your personal life and your ability to work, you cannot afford to have just anyone representing your interests. Some reasons why you may consider working with us include:
- We are a law firm with years of experience assisting victims of car accidents.
- Our firm has helped our clients obtain millions of dollars in settlements in personal injury claims.
- We know the steps necessary to getting you the full settlement for which you are eligible.
While we work on your legal case, you can concentrate your efforts on recovering from your injuries, getting back to work, and repairing or replacing your vehicle. You can rest assured that we will handle the legal aspects of your accident so that you can get well and get on with your life.
What You Can Expect to Seek from Your Car Accident Case
Compensation that you receive in a car accident case is generally referred to as damages. This is the money that you could be offered to compensate you for your injuries and other accident-related losses.
The amount and types of compensation can vary widely from one case to another. Some of the factors that directly affect the damages that you can receive in a car accident case include:
- How serious your injuries are
- Whether you will have a permanent impairment
- If your injuries will prevent you from working temporarily or permanently
- The extent of your vehicle damage
- What insurance coverage is available to you
- Whether you share any fault for causing the accident
If your injuries and losses were caused by the accident, you could add those costs into your case value. For instance, rear-end collisions often result in whiplash injuries, according to the Mayo Clinic—but they also can result in various other injuries, some of which are permanently disabling. If your accident results in future or ongoing costs, we can include those losses.
Generally, you can expect to seek damages for your:
- Medical expenses, including the costs of emergency medical treatment, hospitalization, surgery, and rehabilitation
- Lost income and loss of future earning capacity if you are unable to return to work
- Pain and suffering, emotional trauma, loss of enjoyment of life, and more
Why You Should be Aware of Deadlines That Apply to Your Car Accident Case
Every legal case is subject to specific deadlines, which vary according to state law. Cases stemming from injuries suffered in car accidents also have legal filing deadlines or statutes of limitations. Accidents that occur in Georgia fall under OCGA §9-3-33, which generally provides that injury victims have two years from the date of their car accidents to file their cases in court.
If you fail to meet this statute of limitations, you risk being unable to obtain compensation for your losses. Even if the other driver clearly caused your rear-end collision, you will have no legal recourse if you are not aware of and comply with this critical deadline.
Rear-end collisions can result in significant injuries, property damage, and out-of-pocket expenses. Fortunately, you can speak with someone in our office about your case during a free with a no-obligation consultation.
During your call:
- You can get a clear evaluation of your case and know what to expect if you decide to pursue your case further.
- You can ask us about the damages you may be able to seek and how much your case could be worth.
- We can tell you more about how a rear-end collisions lawyer at our law firm can help.
Call Bader Scott Injury Lawyers for a Free Consultation Today
Call us today at (404) 888-8888 to discuss your case and learn more about the legal services that we can offer you.
We don’t collect fees or court costs until you receive a settlement or damages award in your case. Call us today to get started.