In the past decade, rideshare services provided by companies like Uber and Lyft have become increasingly popular around the United States, including in the Macon area. While ridesharing can be a convenient method of transportation, it can also be dangerous.
If you suffered in any way from a rideshare accident, you have legal options when seeking compensation. During a free case review, you can explore partnering with a Macon Uber and Lyft rideshare accident attorney from Bader Scott Injury Lawyers.
How Long Do You Have to File a Lawsuit in Georgia?
There is a statute of limitations in Georgia for rideshare accident cases. You generally have two years to file your lawsuit, per O.C.G.A. § 9-3-33. Your filing deadline begins from the date of your accident or when you discovered your injuries.
Our rideshare accident attorneys serving Macon can evaluate both your case and its filing deadline. We can also determine whether any exceptions grant you more or less time to act.
For a free legal consultation with a uber & lyft rideshare accidents lawyer serving Macon, call (404) 888-8888
Available Compensation Following a Successful Claim in Macon, GA
Filing a claim does not automatically yield compensation. You must support your claim with evidence, such as traffic camera footage, information from the rideshare app, and witness testimony.
You could recover:
- Healthcare expenses, including therapy and counseling
- Lost wages, tips, and bonuses
- Loss of future earning capacity
- Disability and scarring
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Loss of consortium
- Funeral expenses
How Much Can I Recover Through an Insurance Claim or Lawsuit?
How much you can recover for your injury-related losses depends on your situation. We will review your injury-related invoices, receipts, and billing statements to determine what your economic damages are worth. Then, to evaluate your pain and suffering, we will consider your injuries’ severity, quality of life, and mental well-being.
You can trust that we’ll fight for everything you’re owed. If the insurance company won’t offer a fair settlement, we can file a lawsuit against the at-fault party.
Macon Uber & Lyft Rideshare Accident Lawyer Near Me (404) 888-8888
What You Can Expect from Your Uber and Lyft Accident Attorney in Macon
When you partner with Bader Scott Injury Lawyers on your rideshare accident case, your attorney will support you by:
- Organizing your case’s evidence
- Assisting with case-related paperwork
- Abiding by each of your case’s filing deadlines
- Answering your case-related questions
- Explaining what damages you can recover
- Offering general support
- Interviewing witnesses and accident reconstruction specialists
Our team also offers our legal help on a contingency-fee basis. You don’t have to worry about paying our attorney’s fees up front. You only pay for our services if your case succeeds.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
The Legal Challenges of Rideshare Accidents
Rideshare accidents can be particularly complex. For instance, many rideshare accident drivers don’t have commercial insurance, meaning you must turn to the rideshare company for coverage. Sometimes, the rideshare company may deny liability just to save money.
We can address each of your case’s challenges to promote a smooth claims process. Some challenges we can address include:
- The insurance company denies your claim.
- You don’t have enough evidence to support your right to damages.
- The at-fault party fled the accident scene.
- The insurance company tries to pressure you into accepting a low settlement.
Our lawyers are your advocates during this stressful time. No matter what your case requires to reach a positive outcome, we’re ready to do it.
Can I Sue a Rideshare Company?
Let’s get one thing out of the way first: you can sue anyone for any reason. Whether your lawsuit succeeds is an entirely different matter. With that being said, you can sue a rideshare company for your accident and injuries.
However, we resolve many injury claims without going to court. So, you might not have to sue a rideshare company to recover damages. To reach an out-of-court settlement, we will use evidence and our negotiation tactics to fight for what you deserve. We’re also ready to fight for your rights in court if that’s what it takes to resolve your case.
We Will Determine What Caused Your Accident in Macon, Georgia
After concluding our investigation, we may find that one or more of the following factors caused your rideshare collision:
- Distractions on the road: In 2019, over 420,000 people were injured due to distractions on the road, as reported by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). If a rideshare driver was distracted in a way that caused an accident or put you in danger, you can seek recovery.
- Failing to obey traffic laws: Speeding, driving recklessly, running a stop sign or red light, and other traffic violations can put you at risk of harm. If a rideshare driver broke a traffic law, you could hold either them or the rideshare company responsible.
- Driving under the influence: If your Uber or Lyft driver was under the influence of drugs, alcohol, or another impairing substance, you could have grounds to hold them accountable for your accident and suffering.
Our goal is to prove that because another party acted without regard for others’ safety, you were hurt and deserve financial recovery.
Listen to What Our Former Clients Have to Share About Us
When describing our law firm, our previous clients describe themselves as feeling “comfortable” and “confident” about our legal help. They also share:
- Betty F. I was so afraid to start the process and when I called and asked all the questions I was given answers that made me feel comfortable. I never had a problem like this before so going to this firm was the best decision I made. Thank you for helping me when I need it the most.
- Maria O. Bader Scott Injury Lawyers have been an excellent resource for my family and I as we navigate through our current legal processes. Staff is professional and knowledgeable.
- Carmen H. I had an absolutely fantastic and smooth experience with this firm handling my case. Ms. Jennifer Santos answered any and all questions I had; she was very knowledgeable and she worked hard to get me a great settlement. They are most definitely a great firm to work with and no doubt will definitely be recommending to everyone.
Contact Our Team Today About Your Uber and Lyft Accident Case
If you are ready to fight for the justice and compensation you deserve, our team is available to help. Contact Bader Scott Injury Lawyers to learn more about your case’s potential.