Your whiplash and other accident injuries could entitle you to monetary damages. You can use these damages to pay bills or debts and ensure that your family is cared for if you are no longer able to work.
A whiplash lawyer with our firm can make the legal process more accessible by assuming responsibility for your lawsuit. We will charge no fees until you have received compensation.
What Types of Damages Can I Collect after a Whiplash Injury?
Accident victims are allowed to seek two types of compensation:
- Economic damages, and
- Non-economic damages
Keep reading for general information about each.
Your Eligibility for Economic Damages
You will qualify for economic damages based on whether or not you lost money because of your accident. Such losses could be caused by:
- Loss of wages, if your whiplash and/or other injuries prevented you from doing your job
- Loss of earning capacity, if your injuries forced you to permanently reduce working hours or to switch to lower-paying work
- Medical bills, if your injuries need any type of treatment, from prescriptions to surgery
- Repair bills, if your car needed fixing, or if you needed to pay for other modes of transportation while your car was being fixed (e.g., a rental car)
- Miscellaneous expenses, if you had to hire someone to help you maintain your living space, take care of your kids, and so on
Your Eligibility for Non-Economic Damages
You will qualify for non-economic damages based on the severity of your physical and mental injuries. Such injuries could be caused by:
- Pain and suffering, if your physical injuries and/or mental illness were caused or exacerbated by the accident
- Disability, if you will never fully recover from your accident injuries
- Disfigurement, if your injuries left you with easily noticeable and/or physically painful scarring
- Loss of consortium, if your injury has affected your marriage in any way (e.g., conjugally or emotionally)
- Reduced quality of life, if you now need help with everyday tasks, or if you can no longer participate in hobbies or activities you love
For a free legal consultation with a whiplash injury lawyer serving Macon, call (404) 888-8888
Injuries That May Qualify You for Compensation
According to the Mayo Clinic, car accidents—especially rear-end car accidents—are a common cause of whiplash. Whiplash symptoms include but are not limited to:
- Pain that worsens when you move your neck
- Numbness or pain in your arms
Most whiplash cases have a good prognosis, but it is always best to see a doctor as soon as possible after an accident.
Getting Medical Help Can Improve Your Legal Case
Along with addressing your health concerns, medical attention will help you:
- If you have risk factors that may make whiplash worse (e.g., prior injuries or old age)
- Avoid medical complications
- Detect the presence of other conditions whose symptoms are masked by the whiplash
- Create a medical record that your lawyer can present as evidence
- Prevent the insurance company from arguing that you were not really injured
There are both legal and health benefits to seeking medical assistance after a car accident. Take care of these medical considerations before you speak to a lawyer.
Macon Whiplash Injury Lawyer Near Me (404) 888-8888
How Can a Whiplash Lawyer Help Me after a Car Accident?
The team at Bader Scott Injury Lawyers wants to help you in every way possible. We help our clients pursue compensation by taking responsibility for every legal job, no matter how big or how small it is. These jobs include but are not limited to:
- Evaluating your case for free: Before you hire us, we are already working for you. Call any time, and a member of our team will tell you if you have a case.
- Calculating your damages: Your lawyer will run the calculations and help you fight for the maximum possible amount.
- Investigating the injury: We can strengthen your case by seeking evidence from a variety of sources, including eyewitness accounts and medical records.
- Negotiating with the insurer: Your lawyer will not back down if the insurance company tries to offer less than you deserve.
- Going to court: If a fair settlement is not possible, we can prepare trial exhibits, locate witnesses, and represent you in the courtroom.
- Supporting you throughout: Your lawyer will answer your questions and keep you apprised of the status of your case.
Affording a Lawyer
Bader Scott Injury Lawyers never charges up-front fees. This way, you:
- Have a lawyer from our firm start on your case as soon as possible
- Do not have to pay us until you are awarded damages
- Do not have to pay us anything if you are awarded nothing
Your Right to Damages Does Not Last Forever
Because your accident occurred in Macon, Georgia, your lawsuit is subject to OCGA §9-3-33. This law, called the statute of limitations, states that accident victims must take legal action within two years if they want a chance of receiving compensation. Failing to do so means you give up your right to damages.
In addition, starting your case as soon as possible after an accident makes it easier for your lawyer to collect evidence to strengthen your lawsuit. Such evidence may include:
- Medical records
- Police or accident reports
- Surveillance footage
- Witness statements
- Expert statements
- Personal photos
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Call Bader Scott Injury Lawyers for a Free Consultation
Since its founding, Bader Scott Injury Lawyers has helped thousands of clients recover millions of dollars in compensation.
A whiplash lawyer from our firm can represent you and ensure that the legal system treats you fairly. Call us today at (404) 888-8888 and receive a free case review.