If you were injured in a car accident in Macon, our broken bones and fractures lawyer can fight for economic and non-economic damages.
Through an insurance claim or lawsuit, you may recover monetary compensation to cover your medical expenses, living expenses, and more. Learn more about your potential compensation and how we can help you go after it.
Compensation is Available for Broken Bone Injuries
Your fracture and other injuries have affected your health, your career, your personal life, and your financial security. You can seek compensation for both economic and non-economic losses, including damages for your future losses associated with your injuries.
Fractures and Economic Damages
It can cost a lot of money to properly treat a broken bone, and such a serious injury may prevent you from earning a living. Accordingly, you can sue for economic damages like those listed below.
- Loss of income: You took time off from work to let your injuries heal or to receive treatment (e.g., surgery).
- Loss of earning capacity: Your injuries permanently limit your ability to earn a living.
- Medical costs: You needed a cast, surgery, pain medication, physical therapy, an assistive device (e.g., a wheelchair), or any other treatment.
- Repair bills: The accident damaged your car, so you paid someone to fix it or bought a new vehicle.
Fractures and Non-economic Damages
Broken bones are physically painful. They and the accidents that cause them can also impact your mental health. You can sue for non-economic damages like those listed below.
- Pain and suffering: The fracture and other injuries were the sources of significant physical distress.
- Mental anguish: The accident or even your injuries themselves have caused or worsened your mental illness (e.g., depression).
- Disability: The broken bone did not heal properly, leaving you with chronic pain or limited mobility. You can also sue for organ removal, loss of a sense, intellectual disability, and so on.
- Disfigurement: Your injuries and/or necessary treatments left behind scar tissue that will never go away.
For a free legal consultation with a broken bones and fractures lawyer serving Macon, call (404) 888-8888
A Broken Bones and Fractures Lawyer from Our Firm Can Help You Get Compensation
Bader Scott Injury Lawyers can help you fight for all of the economic and non-economic damages your accident entitles you to. Among other things, our firm can:
- Consult with you for free, so you know for sure if you have a viable case
- Gather all available evidence, so we can present the strongest possible case to the insurance company
- Quantify your injuries, so you know how much your case is worth and how much you should sue for
- Negotiate for compensation so you have a strong advocate to meet with the insurance company on your behalf
- Represent you in court, so you do not have to concern yourself with compiling trial exhibits, questioning witnesses, and so on
- File forms, so you do not have to spend a lot of time sorting through paperwork or trying to submit forms on time
- Advising you, so you are always well-informed about your case and can make the best possible legal decisions
We never charge our clients upfront. Instead, we tie our success to yours: you only pay us if and when you recover compensation.
Fighting the Insurance Company
As mentioned above, you will probably not be seeking compensation directly from the liable party (i.e., the party that caused your accident). Instead, you will face off against their insurance company. These companies have a lot of experience with lawsuits and will not hesitate to do whatever they can to undermine yours, including:
- Arguing that you are more responsible for your injuries than their client
- Claiming that the accident did not cause your injuries
- Trying to “prove” that your injuries are not as bad as you say
- Pushing you to accept an insufficient settlement offer
Hiring a lawyer to fight such tactics on your behalf can save you a great deal of time, trouble, and emotional stress.
Macon Broken Bones and Fractures Lawyer Near Me (404) 888-8888
It Is Best to Get Help Sooner Rather than Later
Acting quickly is important for both your health and the legal process of pursuing compensation.
Getting Medical Help after a Car Accident
According to the University of Rochester Medical Center (URMC), there are several types of fractures or breaks. All of them can cause symptoms such as pain and loss of mobility, and all require tests and treatments that you cannot perform at home. Such tests and treatments may include:
- Application of a cast
- Prescriptions for pain medication
Prompt treatment after an accident can prevent unnecessary suffering and even save your life. Also, the medical records generated by your doctor’s visits can help prove your need for compensation to an insurance company.
Getting Legal Help after a Car Accident
If your accident occurred in Macon, Georgia, then your accident is subject to OCGA §9-3-33. According to this law, if you are going to take legal action against the liable party, you must do so within two years of your injury.
To take full advantage of your right to sue, speak to Bader Scott Injury Lawyers as soon as possible after a car accident. We can:
- Tell you how much time you have left to begin your case
- File all paperwork necessary to get things started
- Send proper notification to all involved parties
- Help you decide how to approach your case
Call Bader Scott Injury Lawyers for a Free Consultation
Bader Scott Injury Lawyers is committed to helping accident victims like you get the money you need.
Call our office at (404) 888-8888. A member of our team will evaluate your case for free and tell you more about what our broken bones and fractures lawyer can do for you.