If you or your loved one has been in a traffic accident, Bader Scott Injury Lawyers may be able to help you recover damages for your losses, such as your medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
If your accident was caused by a driver’s failure to obey traffic signals, then one of our Decatur personal injury lawyers can fight for compensation on your behalf.
Recoverable Damages in Failure to Obey Traffic Signal Accidents
As the Legal Information Institute (LII) explains, damages are the “sum of money the law imposes for a breach of some duty or violation of some right.”
The damages you can recover through a personal injury lawsuit are generally called “compensatory damages,” and these fall into two main categories: economic damages and non-economic damages.
Economic damages compensate the injured for their financial losses. This includes your past and future medical bills, lost wages, lost earning potential, and out-of-pocket expenses.
Medical bills include more than just your hospital or emergency room bills. You may be able to recover damages for the following medical expenses:
- Doctor’s visits
- Hospital stays
- Physical therapy
- Psychological services
- Out-of-pocket medical expenses
Similarly, lost wages do not apply only to the money you lost while not being able to work after you were injured. You can recover damages for your lost earning potential if you are prevented from working or finding work in the future due to your injuries.
If you were forced to take a lower-paying job because of your injuries, you can even recover economic damages for the gap between what you made before your accident and what you make now.
If you lost a loved one to one of these accidents, you can recover economic damages for their past and future lost wages, medical bills, and burial expenses.
Non-economic damages compensate you for your physical, mental, and emotional losses caused by your accident and injuries. This includes your pain, suffering, and inconvenience.
If you lost a loved one to a failure to obey traffic signals accident, our lawyer serving Decatur can recover non-economic damages for your loved one’s pain and suffering, as well as your own mental and emotional suffering brought on by their loss.
For a free legal consultation with a failure to obey traffic signals accidents lawyer serving Decatur, call (404) 888-8888
How a Personal Injury Lawyer Can Help You After an Accident
In order to recover damages for you and your loved ones, your attorney will collect evidence that proves your rights were violated, and that you, therefore, are owed compensation for your losses.
We Will Investigate Your Traffic Accident
First, we will investigate your accident to determine how it happened. Various factors may have contributed to your accident, causing the other driver to fail to obey traffic signals. We will uncover evidence that proves that the other driver’s negligence was at the root of your accident and injuries.
Some common forms of negligent driving are as follows:
- Drunk and drug-impaired driving: A driver has dulled senses, reflexes, and decision-making skills when under the influence of a substance. This may impact their ability to see and respond to traffic signals.
- Drowsy driving: Drowsy drivers may also suffer from dulled senses, weakened muscles, and wandering attention. In some circumstances, drivers may drift off to sleep at the wheel, making it impossible to obey traffic signals and putting everyone on the road at risk.
- Distracted driving: According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), drivers who are texting, calling, or doing anything else that takes their attention away from the road may not see or respond to traffic signals before it is too late.
- Aggressive driving: Aggressive drivers who are speeding, weaving in traffic, tailgating, etc., may rush through red lights or otherwise ignore traffic signals. When this leads to an accident, they can be held liable for the resulting injuries.
We Will Build Your Case
Once we have uncovered evidence of negligence, we will assemble the strongest possible case on your behalf. In order to recover compensation for you, we will prove that the following criteria apply to your case:
- You were owed a duty of care: This means that the other driver owed it to you to behave in a reasonably safe manner.
- The driver violated that duty: This means the other driver failed to meet the duty of care through a negligent act or omission.
- This breach of duty caused the accident: Your lawyer will have to present evidence showing a causal link between the other driver’s negligence and the accident.
- The accident caused you harm or injury: Finally, your injury lawyer will prove this accident in Decatur resulted in your injuries, and therefore, your financial, mental, and emotional losses.
We Will Negotiate on Your Behalf
With this case, we will negotiate with the insurance companies to reach the best possible settlement on your behalf. Insurance companies will often try to pay injured victims of negligence less than they deserve. That way, they can keep their own costs low.
We will work to get you the money you are owed, negotiating with insurance adjusters, and dealing with the red tape, paperwork, and bureaucracy that comes with the process. You can spend less time and energy fighting for compensation and more time healing with your loved ones.
However, this does not mean you will be cut off from information about your case. We will keep you in the loop about negotiations in your case, and we will never settle your case without your permission.
We Will Advocate for Your Rights in Court
Finally, if the insurance companies will not settle, we will take your case to court. There, we will present the evidence to a judge or a jury who can decide what damages you are owed. We will be by your side throughout the process, advocating for your best interests and guiding you through to the end.
Decatur Failure to Obey Traffic Signals Accident Lawyer Near Me (404) 888-8888
Bader Scott Injury Lawyers Gets Results
At Bader Scott Injury Lawyers, we get results. We have recovered millions of dollars on behalf of injured Georgians just like you. Now, we want to put our experience and knowledge to work for you and your family.
Our Decatur accident lawyer wants to help you recover from your accident. You should not have to pay for someone’s failure to obey a traffic signal. Call us at (404) 888-8888 today to learn more about our services. Your first call and consultation are free, so do not wait. Call now.