According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), roughly 30 people die in drunk driving accidents every day in the United States. In 2018, there were 10,511 fatalities caused by drunk-driving crashes. Fulton County reported 36 deaths related to alcohol use in 2018, according to the Georgia Governor’s Office of Highway Safety. Drunk driving is a serious infraction that may leave victims with severe financial, physical, and emotional damages.
If a drunk driver injured you in a Roswell, Georgia accident, you may be entitled to compensation for your damages. A Roswell drunk driving accident lawyer can help cover your case so you have the time to focus on recovering from your injuries. Call the team from Bader Scott Injury Lawyers at (404) 888-8888 for a free review of your case to explore your potential legal options. If you hire us, we work on a contingency-fee plan. You pay us nothing upfront, and we only collect our attorney’s fees if you collect a negotiated settlement or court award.
Alcohol’s Effect on a Driver
Alcohol is a depressant, and as such it lowers cognition and reaction time. An intoxicated driver may have difficulty making decisions in response to new road conditions. The dulling effects of alcohol can slow the driver’s ability to process new information, leaving them unable to react to potential dangers. Vision, concentration, coordination, all necessary skills required for driving diminish as one’s blood alcohol concentration (BAC) increases.
According to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), a BAC of 0.04 percent is the legal level at which an individual in a commercial motor vehicle is considered to be driving under the influence and subject to federal sanctions.
For a free legal consultation with a drunk driving accidents lawyer serving Roswell, call (404) 888-8888
Injuries Sustained in Drunk Driving Accidents
Due to the impaired nature of a drunk driver, accident injuries may be devastating. Victims could endure:
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI), from concussions to personality changes to mental disabilities
- Neck, back, or spinal cord injuries that may leave the victim with whiplash, life-long pain, or mobility issues
- Broken bones, including hip, appendage, and skull fractures
- Joint injuries that may affect one’s strength and flexibility
- Permanent disability from lost limbs or paralysis
- Face or body disfigurements
- Irreparable bodily functions
- Internal bleeding or organ failure
- Deep lacerations and extensive bruising
- Burns that may require years of rehabilitation and therapy
A drunk driving accident could also claim the life of a loved one. If you lost someone in a wrongful death case, you may be entitled to compensation from the at-fault party. A Roswell drunk driving accident lawyer can help you through the legal process. Call the team from Bader Scott Injury lawyers at (404) 888-8888 for a free consultation.
Roswell Drunk Driving Accident Lawyer Near Me (404) 888-8888
The Damages You May Be Able to Recover from a Drunk Driving Accident
You may experience some degree of financial, physical, and possibly emotional hardship after any car accident. You may be entitled to pursue compensation for various economic and non-economic damages, including:
- Lost wages and diminished earning capacity
- Medical bills for any medications, surgeries, rehabilitation, and care costs
- Repair or replacement of any damaged property
- Reduced quality of life
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), depression, or anxiety
- Permanent disabilities from the injuries you sustained
- Pain and suffering you endure through the ordeal that may linger for the rest of your life
- Out-of-pocket costs
In the event you lost a loved one, you may also be entitled to compensation for burial and funeral costs as well as a loss of companionship, support, and protection.
How Bader Scott Injury Lawyers Can Help Our Clients
You may be entitled to pursue compensation for your losses, but recovering from your injuries could prevent you from being as thorough as otherwise possible. Consider hiring a lawyer as soon as possible after your accident. A lawyer can provide you with a number of services to help build a strong accident claim, including:
- Explaining any relevant laws or legal jargon you do not understand
- Keeping you updated on the progress of the case
- Advising you on what to say so as not to jeopardize your case
- Gathering any pertinent documents and reports
- Investigating the accident scene
- Reviewing photos or videos of the accident, the property damage, and your physical injuries
- Speaking with eyewitnesses
- Consulting with experts with knowledge related to your case
- Identifying the liable parties and their insurers
- Calculating all your possible present and future losses
- Filing your claim with the at-fault party’s insurance provider
- Negotiating with said insurance company to obtain a fair settlement
- Representing you in court if necessary
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Georgia’s Personal Injury Statute of Limitations
Under the Georgia Code § 9-3-33, you have two years to file a lawsuit and pursue damages you may be entitled to. This deadline is important, as you may want the option to collect through a court award if you are unable to negotiate a fair settlement from the insurance provider. If you let this deadline pass, you may lose access to compensation. There are extenuating circumstances that may lengthen and shorten your deadline, so consider getting in touch with a lawyer as soon as possible to appraise your options.
Call Bader Scott Injury Lawyers for Assistance
If you have suffered injuries due to the negligent actions of a drunk driver, you may be entitled to compensation from the at-fault driver through a personal injury claim or lawsuit. A Roswell drunk driving accident lawyer can help you prepare a claim and negotiate on your behalf. Call the team from Bader Scott Injury Lawyers today at (404) 888-8888 for a free case review. We work on a contingency-fee-basis, so you pay no attorney’s fees unless you receive a negotiated settlement or court award.