Drunk driving is a serious infraction that may leave victims with severe financial, physical, and emotional damages. If a drunk driver injured you or a family member in a Roswell, Georgia, accident, you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries and losses.
A drunk driving accident lawyer with Bader Scott Injury Lawyers can handle your case, so you have the time to focus on recovering from your injuries.
We’ve Helped Past Clients Secure Financial Recovery – Now, It’s Your Turn
Our lawyers have obtained millions of dollars in both settlements and verdicts for past clients. To name a few of our outcomes, we won:
- $5.25 million for someone who was paralyzed after a workplace/personal injury
- $1 million for a client who suffered a traumatic brain injury at work
- $425,000 for a road user who had his back and neck injured
- $300,000 for a premises liability victim
Let’s get to work on your case, so we can get the financial recovery you need to get better. You can look at more of our case results on our website.
For a free legal consultation with a drunk driving accidents lawyer serving Roswell, call (404) 888-8888
The Damages You May Be Able to Recover From a Drunk Driving Accident
You may experience some degree of financial, physical, and possibly emotional hardship after any car accident. You may be entitled to pursue compensation for various economic and non-economic damages, including:
- Lost wages and diminished earning capacity
- Medical bills for any medications, surgeries, rehabilitation, and care costs
- Repair or replacement of any damaged property
- Reduced quality of life
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), depression, or anxiety
- Permanent disabilities from the injuries you sustained
- Pain and suffering
- Out-of-pocket costs
In the event you lost a loved one in the drunk driving accident, you may also be entitled to compensation for burial and funeral costs, as well as a loss of companionship, support, and protection.
Whatever happened, your lawyer can assess and quantify each of your losses and request that amount from the insurance company.
Roswell Drunk Driving Accident Lawyer Near Me (404) 888-8888
Determining Liability in a Drunk Driving Case
The at-fault driver should be held responsible because they chose to drink and drive. They might even be tried in court and given a guilty verdict. Even though this judgment doesn’t affect your right to compensation, it can be used as evidence in your case file.
However, the other driver might not be the only one at fault in your accident. That is, other parties might have played a part in the accident, as well, such as:
- An establishment that sold and served alcohol to the driver while they were clearly intoxicated
- An establishment that sold and served alcohol to a minor
- A private individual who supplied alcohol to an underage driver
Using evidence, we can demonstrate that these people owed you and the other drivers a duty of care to be alert and responsible and violated that duty. In turn, the drunk driver caused an accident as well as your injuries.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
How Bader Scott Injury Lawyers Can Help Our Clients
You may be entitled to pursue compensation for your losses, but recovering from your injuries could prevent you from being as thorough as otherwise possible.
Consider hiring a lawyer on our team as soon as possible after your accident, as they can provide you with a number of services to help build a strong accident claim, including:
- Explaining any relevant laws or legal jargon you do not understand
- Keeping you updated on the progress of the case
- Advising you on what to say so as not to jeopardize your case
- Gathering any pertinent documents and reports
- Investigating the accident scene
- Reviewing photos or videos of the accident, the property damage, and your physical injuries
- Speaking with eyewitnesses
- Consulting experts with knowledge related to your case
- Identifying the liable parties and their insurers
- Calculating all your possible present and future losses
- Filing your claim with the at-fault party’s insurance provider
- Negotiating with said insurance company to obtain a fair settlement
- Representing you in court if necessary
Looking at all these services might be overwhelming, as you might deem them to be costly. On the contrary, we can take over your case for a contingency fee, so there are no hourly or upfront expenses when you hire us. Instead, we take our payment from your settlement or court award. You don’t pay our attorney’s fees if we don’t win your case.
Click to contact our Roswell Car Accident Lawyers today
Georgia’s Personal Injury Statute of Limitations
Under O.C.G.A. § 9-3-33, you usually have two years to file a lawsuit and pursue damages you may be entitled to collect. This deadline is important, as you may want the option to collect through a court award if you are unable to negotiate a fair settlement from the insurance provider.
If you let this deadline pass, you may lose access to compensation. There are extenuating circumstances that may lengthen and shorten your deadline, so consider getting in touch with our firm as soon as possible to appraise your options.
Alcohol’s Effect on a Driver
Alcohol is a depressant, and as such, it lowers cognition and reaction time. An intoxicated driver may have difficulty making decisions in response to new road conditions.
The dulling effects of alcohol can slow the driver’s ability to process new information, leaving them unable to react to potential dangers. Vision, concentration, coordination, and all necessary skills required for driving diminish as one’s blood alcohol concentration (BAC) increases.
Injuries Sustained in Drunk Driving Accidents
Due to the impaired nature of a drunk driver, accident injuries may be devastating. Victims could endure:
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI), from concussions to personality changes to mental disabilities
- Neck, back, or spinal cord injuries that may leave the victim with whiplash, life-long pain, or mobility issues
- Broken bones, including hip, appendage, and skull fractures
- Joint injuries that may affect one’s strength and flexibility
- Permanent disability from lost limbs or paralysis
- Face or body disfigurements
- Irreparable bodily functions
- Internal bleeding or organ failure
- Deep lacerations and extensive bruising
- Burns that may require years of rehabilitation and therapy
A drunk driving accident could also claim the life of a loved one. One of our drunk driving accident lawyers in Roswell can help you through the legal process, no matter the circumstances of the case.
Connect with Bader Scott Injury Lawyers Today for Assistance
If you have suffered injuries due to the negligent actions of a drunk driver, you may be entitled to compensation from the at-fault driver through a personal injury or wrongful death claim or lawsuit. A drunk driving accident lawyer on our Roswell team can help you prepare a claim and negotiate on your behalf.
Call Bader Scott Injury Lawyers today at (404) 888-8888 for a free case review. We work on a contingency-fee-basis, so you pay no attorney’s fees unless you receive a settlement or court award.
Call or text (404) 888-8888 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form