If someone else caused your car accident and left you with whiplash, they may owe you compensation for your medical bills and other types of damages. Recovering this compensation can be a complex process that involves collecting evidence, negotiating with insurance companies, or filing a lawsuit.
You don’t have to face this process alone. A car accident lawyer in Decatur from Bader Scott Injury Lawyers can help you with your whiplash injury case. Our team is ready to take over the logistics and legal work in your case while you focus on your recovery.
The Damages That You Could Recover for Whiplash
If someone else’s negligence caused your accident, you might be entitled to a wide range of damages, such as:
- Post-accident emergency treatment
- Follow-up medical treatment
- Estimated costs of future medical treatment
- Lost wages
- Property damage
- Reduced ability to earn
- Pain and suffering
- Other applicable non-economic damages, such as loss of enjoyment of life
Our team at Bader Scott Injury Lawyers will help you identify your damages, document them, and estimate their value. This will let us target a fair settlement range for your case during negotiations with the insurance company.
For a free legal consultation with a whiplash injury lawyer serving Decatur, call (404) 888-8888
How Bader Scott Injury Lawyers Can Help You
At Bader Scott Injury Lawyers, we will work hard to make our clients as comfortable and informed as possible during the entire legal process. Our services include:
- Figuring out who was at fault for your accident
- Identifying your options for pursuing compensation and giving you advice and recommendations as needed
- Speaking with all other parties on your behalf
- Estimating the value of your damages and helping you figure out your future medical care needs
- Collecting evidence of fault
- Filing your insurance claim and lawsuit
- Negotiating for a settlement
- Taking your case to trial
- Being accessible to answer your questions and give you case updates
We Work for a Contingency Fee
A whiplash lawyer from Bader Scott Injury Lawyers can work for you on a contingency-fee-basis in Decatur. In this arrangement:
- There are no up-front or hourly costs.
- Our payment comes as a percentage of your settlement or court award.
- If you don’t win your case, you don’t pay us.
We will clarify all terms of this agreement when you sign up to be our client.
Decatur Whiplash Injury Lawyer Near Me (404) 888-8888
We Can Figure Out Who May Be Liable for Your Damages
Many car accidents are the result of driver errors. This refers to when another driver breaks a traffic rule or commits another negligent act that increases the risk of an accident. Examples of this include:
- Running a red light
- An illegal lane change
- Failing to yield
- Drunk driving
- Distracted driving (e.g., texting while driving)
You may not be entirely sure how your accident happened and who may be at fault, and that is okay. We can investigate it for you.
A Non-Driver Party May Be Liable
Your car accident claim may involve a non-driver party. For example, if the driver who caused your accident was working at the time of the collision (e.g., as a delivery driver), their employer may be liable for your accident.
Occasionally, a car accident occurs because of a mechanical failure or a hazard in the road, rather than driver error. For these types of accidents, the liable party may include:
- A mechanic who failed to repair or maintain a vehicle
- The manufacturer of a defective vehicle component that caused the accident
- A municipality responsible for road design and conditions
Our investigation into your accident will identify the responsible party or parties.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
The Next Steps After a Car Accident
The following steps can help you build the foundation for your personal injury case:
Seek Medical Treatment and Comply With Your Doctor’s Instructions
It is crucial to receive medical treatment as soon as possible after your accident. The Mayo Clinic recommends that anyone with whiplash symptoms see their doctor to begin treatment and check for more severe injuries, such as broken bones. It is also important to follow all recommended medical treatments.
The other reason this visit is essential is that it creates proof in your medical record that the collision caused your whiplash and not something else. This evidence can help us build your case.
Be Careful When Speaking With the Insurance Company
After your accident, the at-fault party’s insurance company may contact you to try to discuss your case. There are a few key things you should know in this situation:
- You have no obligation to discuss the accident with the insurance company until you are ready.
- The insurance agent might use statements you give them about the accident to reduce or deny your claim.
- Insurance companies often make low initial settlement offers, and if you accept a low settlement, it may prevent you from collecting the amount of compensation they owe you.
- When you work with Bader Scott Injury Lawyers, we can communicate with the insurance companies for you.
Click to contact our Decatur Car Accident Lawyers today
There is a Deadline to Sue
It is important to be mindful of Georgia’s statute of limitations, or filing deadline, when starting your case. Per OCGA §9-3-33, there is a general two-year deadline to file a personal injury lawsuit in Georgia. Once this deadline passes, your lawsuit may get dismissed.
Some circumstances could alter this general deadline and require you to act sooner, such as a lawsuit against a municipality. Regardless of when your accident happened, we recommend that you contact us as soon as possible so that we can give you information on how much time you have left to take legal action.
Receive a Free Case Review From Bader Scott Injury Lawyers Today
At Bader Scott Injury Lawyers, we offer free, no-obligation case reviews to all accident victims in Decatur. This is a chance for you to:
- Speak directly with one of our team members about your accident
- Get your questions answered
- Learn more about your legal options
- Learn more about our services
Call (404) 888-8888 today to begin. The sooner you call, the sooner a whiplash lawyer from our firm can start working on your case.
Call or text (404) 888-8888 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form