According to the Mayo Clinic, the leading cause of new spinal cord injuries in the United States every year is car accidents. The impact of these injuries can be severe. From total or partial paralysis to problems breathing, an inability to work, and a need for constant care, spinal cord injuries can detrimentally and permanently affect you and your family.
If a recklessness or negligence road user injured your spine in Roswell, you may be able to seek compensation for the various damages you were made to suffer. A Roswell spinal injury lawyer from Bader Scott Injury Lawyers may be able to help you recover compensation after such an accident.
To learn more about these kinds of cases in a free consultation with a member of our team, call Bader Scott Injury Lawyers today at (404) 888-8888.
Understanding Spinal Injuries
Spinal injuries are often the result of a sudden and traumatic blow to the spine that is strong enough to fracture or dislocate the vertebrae, which are the bones of the back. Bone fragments and the spinal discs can cut into, pinch, or completely sever the spinal cord. These injuries can directly impact the nerves that transmit the signals between the brain and the rest of the body. This is why spinal cord damage can lead to paralysis.
Vehicle accidents such as truck, motorcycle, rollover, underride, and frontal collision accidents may cause spinal cord injuries.
Spinal Injury Classification
Spinal cord injuries may be classified as complete or incomplete. In a complete spinal cord injury, the victim will have a total lack of both sensory as well as motor function at or below where the injury occurred. With an incomplete spinal cord injury, the victim may retain some of his or her sensation and motor function at and below where the injury occurred.
Spinal Injury Prognosis
Spinal cord injuries may lead to lasting pain, dysfunctions of the bladder and bowels, and respiratory and heart issues. Successfully recovering from an injury depends on the extent of spinal cord damage that occurred and the patient’s access to treatments and rehabilitative therapies.
Spinal Injury Treatments
Many cases may require surgery to reduce pressure on the spinal cord or repair damaged nerves. However, other treatments may help the patient recover, including the use of painkillers, physiotherapy, and various exercises.
For a free legal consultation with a spinal injury lawyer serving Roswell, call (404) 888-8888
Vehicle Accidents and Negligence
In Georgia, you have the right to sue someone who causes you injury or harm. These laws may require you to prove the following if you are to sue someone for compensation:
- That the at-fault party owed you a duty of care: for driving accidents, anyone operating a vehicle on the road automatically owes other road users a duty of driving safely and responsibly.
- That the at-fault party somehow breached the duty of care: for example, with a negligent act such as running a red light.
- That the breach of the duty caused your accident: for example, a collision caused by a driver who ran a red light.
- That the accident inflicted harm: and that you would not have otherwise suffered these damages or losses.
A failure to fulfill the duty of care or meet the standard of care can happen in many ways in a car accident, including:
- Speeding, driving recklessly, or driving while distracted
- Driving while drowsy, fatigued, or under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Inexperience or improper licensing
- Executing unsafe lane changes, merges, or turns
- Running a red light or stop sign, disregarding posted road signs, or breaking road rules
- Not performing important safety or maintenance checks on your vehicle
All of these may qualify as forms of negligence. If your accident was caused by a driver’s act of negligence, he or she can be held liable for all resultant damages.
A Roswell spinal injury lawyer from Bader Scott Injury Lawyers may be able to help you build a personal injury case and prove the aforementioned elements of liability when we represent you. Learn more in a free consultation with a member of our team by calling (404) 888-8888 today.
Roswell Spinal Injury Lawyer Near Me (404) 888-8888
Seeking Compensation in Your Case
A Roswell spinal injury lawyer from Bader Scott Injury Lawyers may be able to perform the following tasks when we represent you:
- Communicating with all parties on your behalf
- Identifying the at-fault party and your damages
- Quantifying your damages
- Gathering proof and evidence of the at-fault party’s liability for the accident
- Submitting a demand letter to the at-fault party’s insurer
- Negotiating with them for a fair settlement offer
- Bringing your case to trial, if necessary
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Contact Us for Assistance
An accident is always a traumatic event, and it may be difficult to gather evidence, identify at-fault parties, and meet filing deadlines if you are still dealing with injuries.
You do not need to burden yourself with this legal work when a Roswell spinal injury lawyer from Bader Scott Injury Lawyers represents you. Our team will gladly answer your questions and keep you posted on the progress of your spinal injury case so that you can focus on your recovery.
Do keep in mind that, per O.C.G.A. § 9-3-33, a two-year statute of limitations applies to most personal injury lawsuits in Georgia. You may lose your right to sue if you wait too long and allow the deadline in your case to pass without taking action.
Please call (404) 888-8888 to speak to a member of our team about your legal options in a free, no-obligation consultation. Bader Scott Injury Lawyers handles many cases on a contingency-fee-basis with no up-front payment required.