Many car accidents lead to broken bones and fractures. These injuries may occur simultaneously with internal organ damage and damage to the head, brain, neck, back, and nerves.
If a negligent driver caused your accident, they may be liable for the costs of treatment for all of your injuries, as well as your lost wages and other damages. A Roswell broken bones and fractures lawyer from Bader Scott Injury Lawyers may be able to help you recover this compensation in an insurance claim or personal injury lawsuit.
We offer free consultations to victims of Roswell car accidents. To discuss your case and your legal options for free with a member of our team, call (404) 888-8888 today.
Types and Causes of Vehicle Accidents
A vehicle accident can happen in an instant and can have long-term consequences. A moment’s distraction, a delay in applying the brakes, the improper tying down of truck cargo, and road damage can all cause an accident.
Common vehicle accident types include the following:
- Truck accidents: truck accidents are often catastrophic and may involve multiple cars. Rollover, jackknife, and underride or undercarriage accidents are also common truck accidents.
- Motorcycle and bicycle accidents: motorcycles are often struck in blind-spot and no-zone accidents. Pedestrians can easily suffer broken bones in collisions with vehicles, even from small vehicles traveling at low speeds.
- Sideswipe accidents: these are common at intersections and may result in arm and leg injuries. Cuts and lacerations may also be caused by shattered glass or debris flung around the inside of a vehicle.
- Frontal impact collisions: these dangerous accidents can lead to head and upper torso trauma, as well as leg bone fractures.
- Rear-end collisions: rear-end collisions can cause back and neck injuries, including whiplash.
No matter what type of accident you were injured in, a Roswell broken bones and fractures lawyer from Bader Scott Injury Lawyers may be able to help you identify the liable party and build a case against them.
For a free legal consultation with a broken bones and fractures lawyer serving Roswell, call (404) 888-8888
Negligent Behaviors That Cause Car Accidents
Car accidents are often the result of someone’s negligent behavior. This can include:
- Violating a traffic law.
- Driver distraction. Anyone who texts, eats, drinks, interacts with other passengers, applies makeup, or adjusts vehicle or device controls while driving is driving while distracted.
- Speeding or driving aggressively or recklessly.
- Driving while drowsy, fatigued, or under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Hazardous road conditions, uneven surfaces, and other road issues such as potholes, debris on the road, or narrow lanes.
- Unclear signage or defective traffic control signals.
- Vehicle malfunctions or operational failures such as tire blowouts.
Many of these causes are forms of negligence. Driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol is illegal in Georgia, as is texting and driving, per O.C.G.A. § 40-6-241.2. Driving without proper licensing or certifications, not performing important service or maintenance checks, improperly securing truck cargo, and driving while fatigued may also be classified as negligent driving.
If you can prove that a driver was guilty of some form of negligence when driving, and that this caused your accident, he or she may be held liable for the damages and injuries that you sustained.
If you believe another party’s negligence caused your accident, Bader Scott Injury Lawyers may be able to help. You can reach us by phone at (404) 888-8888 for a free consultation on your case with a member of our team.
Roswell Broken Bones and Fractures Lawyer Near Me (404) 888-8888
Damages in a Car Accident Case
A Roswell broken bones and fractures lawyer from Bader Scott Injury Lawyers can help you identify potentially compensable injury and damage categories when we represent you. Depending on the unique features of your case, these may include:
- All accident-related medical costs
- Estimated future costs of care
- Lost income or lowered earning capacity
- Vehicle and property damage
- Noneconomic damages such as pain and suffering
In order to pursue compensation for these damages, we can gather evidence of your losses to present to the insurance company or a judge. This may include:
- Surveillance, dashcam, or CCTV footage of the accident
- Photos or audio recordings of the accident
- The assessment of a medical professional regarding the extent of your injuries
- Pay stubs or salary information to prove lost income
- Invoices or receipts for medical treatments
- Maintenance assessments or repair costs
Based on the circumstances surrounding your accident, the extent of your injuries, and the coverage policy of the at-fault party, the insurance company may choose to settle with you out of court. If not, we can take your case to trial.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Contact the Bader Scott Injury Lawyers Team Today
It can take a long time for broken bones, fractures, and other injuries to heal, and you may face substantial care costs while you recover from your injuries. If your accident was caused by the mistake, recklessness, or negligence of another party, you may wish to file a personal injury claim against them.
A Roswell broken bones and fractures lawyer from Bader Scott Injury Lawyers may be able to handle this task on your behalf while you dedicate your time and energy to your recovery. We take many cases on a contingency-fee-basis, where our clients pay us attorney fees only if and when they recover a payout in via a settlement offer or court award.
It is important to be aware of and meet the legal deadlines in your case. In Georgia, O.C.G.A. § 9-3-33 applies a two-year statute of limitations to most personal injury lawsuits. Some circumstances could alter this deadline.
For a free, no-obligation consultation on your case with a representative of our firm, including information on the specific deadlines in your case, call Bader Scott Injury Lawyers today at (404) 888-8888.