The faster a vehicle is traveling, the harder it is to stop it, and the less time the driver may have to react to changes in road conditions. Speeding is a dangerous form of negligent driving. It can put the driver, his or her passengers, and other road users in considerable danger. Especially when larger vehicles such as SUVs or trucks are involved, speeding can have devastating and catastrophic consequences.
If you were involved in a collision that was caused by or involved speeding, please contact Bader Scott Injury Lawyers. A Roswell accident caused by speeding lawyer from our firm may be able to help you gather evidence and file a claim or lawsuit. We may be able to help you collect compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more.
Call us today at (404) 888-8888 for a free consultation on your case with a member of our team. Bader Scott Injury Lawyers can represent you on a contingency-fee-basis with no up-front payment necessary if we take your case.
Speeding Accident Injuries
Speeding accidents are common on highways and interstates but can also occur on smaller roads, commercial zones, and neighborhoods. Sometimes, the injuries in speeding accidents are more severe due to the increased force of the collision. These accidents can lead to:
- Head injuries and traumatic brain injuries (TBI)
- Back, neck, and spinal cord injuries
- Nerve, muscle, and soft tissue damage
- Broken bones, lacerations, and amputations
- Scarring, disfigurement, and paralysis
- Mental anguish or emotional trauma
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- And more
We recommend all car accident victims see a doctor for an examination as soon as it is safe to do so. This can help you diagnose any injuries you may or may not have recognized after the accident and allow you to begin treatment. It can also create a link in your medical record between the accident and your injuries that may be used later as evidence in your case.
For a free legal consultation with a speeding accidents lawyer serving Roswell, call (404) 888-8888
Recoverable Damages in Car Accident Cases
The compensation that victims can receive in car accident cases is highly specific to their injuries and the ways the accident altered their lives. In general, victims may be able to pursue compensation for the following types of damages:
- Doctor’s visits, treatment, therapy, and rehabilitative costs
- The estimated future costs of medical care
- Lost income or diminished capacity to earn
- Vehicle and property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Other noneconomic damages
If you believe that another party was responsible for your accident, Bader Scott Injury Lawyers invites you to call our firm at (404) 888-8888 to discuss your case in a free consultation with a member of our team.
Roswell Speeding Accident Lawyer Near Me (404) 888-8888
Proving Liability in a Speeding Accident Case
Georgia is an at-fault state. Based on the circumstances surrounding your case, you may have grounds for filing a personal injury lawsuit against another party—usually another driver—whom you hold responsible for your injuries.
To do this, you typically must:
- Show that the responsible party owed you a duty of care: in most cases, anyone driving on the road automatically owes all other road users a duty of driving safely and following all driving laws.
- Show that the duty of care was breached in some way: usually by some form of negligence. Negligence may include a violation of a traffic law, driving under the influence, distracted, reckless driving, aggressive driving, and speeding.
- Show that the breach of the duty of care caused your accident: to prove this, it may suffice to show that an accident would not have happened if a breach in the duty of care had not occurred.
- Show that the accident caused your damages: this may include the physical injuries, financial losses, or noneconomic damages that you suffered were.
A Roswell speeding accident lawyer from Bader Scott Injury Lawyers can help you establish these elements of liability in your case when we represent you. We can also gather a wide range of proof to demonstrate both the responsible party’s liability and the extent of your injuries. This may include:
- Police reports on the accident
- Video footage or photos from the scene of the accident
- Bystander notes or testimony about what happened
- Cellphone usage records to prove device usage by the at-fault driver
- Testimony from accident reconstruction experts
- Your medical records
- Projections of your long-term treatment costs from medical experts
- Professional estimates on long-term losses such as lower income or lower quality of life
- And more
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Get in Touch with Bader Scott Injury Lawyers Today
When a victim suffers in an accident that was caused by someone else’s carelessness, recklessness, negligence, or wanton disregard for others, it can be much harder to accept the consequences. If you are in this situation, a Roswell speeding accident lawyer from Bader Scott Injury Lawyers can help you.
Allow us to pursue justice on your behalf while you focus on recovering from your injuries. We can handle the investigation, communication, and negotiations in your case. If the responsible party’s insurance company is unwilling to make you a fair settlement offer, we can bring your case to trial.
Anyone considering legal action for their injuries should be aware of what time limits apply to their case. A general two-year statute of limitations applies to personal injury lawsuits in Georgia, per O.C.G.A. § 9-3-33. If you wait too long and let the time limit in your case pass, it could block you from recovering compensation via a lawsuit.
To learn more about your options and our services in a free consultation with a representative of our firm, call Bader Scott Injury Lawyers today at (404) 888-8888.