Changing lanes only takes a few seconds, but it is a big responsibility and potentially risky. If you or someone you love was injured because another party failed to change lanes safely, you could be eligible to pursue compensation from their insurer.
A Smyrna unsafe lane change attorney and our entire team can fight for you after a traffic accident. We can confront the liable party and negotiate with their insurance company for enough compensation to cover all of your present and projected needs.
How Our Attorneys Pursue Compensation for You
After a car accident, you have enough on your mind. Let Bader Scott Injury Lawyers be your guide through the legal world. We can:
- Seek compensation: We can talk to the insurance companies after an accident to ensure they offer you a fair amount. We can speak with your insurer and the insurer representing the liable party.
- Gather crucial evidence: We can strengthen your case with medical records, police reports, witness statements, and other evidence. This could make it harder for the insurance company to deny you compensation.
- Calculate your damages: You only get one chance to sue for compensation, so it is vital to know your case’s worth and ask for the amount of money you need.
- Take your case to court: If the liable party’s insurer refuses to offer a reasonable settlement, we can represent you in the courtroom and work to persuade a jury to award you what you need.
- Explain how the law works: Since 2008, our firm has assisted over 10,000 clients. We know how the law works in Georgia and how to make it work for you—and we can explain everything to you, so you know what is happening with your case at all times.
How much you can expect to receive depends on your injuries, how much insurance the liable party has, and many other factors. In past motor vehicle accident cases, we have recovered hundreds of thousands of dollars for our injured clients.
Our firm works hard to get each client the amount of compensation they need and deserve.
For a free legal consultation with a unsafe lane changes accidents lawyer serving Smyrna, call (404) 888-8888
Damages Caused by Unsafe Lane Changes
You can seek compensation through one of two types of legal action. The first is a personal injury lawsuit. This is when you sue another party on your behalf for injuries you sustained. Compensable injuries include:
- Pain and suffering: Having to cope with a traumatic event and a severe injury can cause physical and mental turmoil.
- Loss of consortium: Your relationship with your relatives, including your spouse, has suffered due to the accident or your injuries.
- Reduced quality of life: You need help with basic tasks, like getting dressed or bathing, or your ability to enjoy a productive, healthy life has been shattered.
- Property damage: Your car—or any valuables you had in the car, like electronics or jewelry—was damaged or destroyed.
- Medical expenses: This includes any treatment you received post-accident, such as ambulance rides, medication, hospital stays, etc.
- Loss of wages or earning capacity: If your injuries have cost you needed income, or if you can no longer earn what you once did, you may be eligible for compensation.
A wrongful death suit is the second type of case you can file after an unsafe lane change accident. A Smyrna attorney from our office can represent you if you are seeking compensation for the death of a loved one. We can pursue wrongful death damages, such as:
- Any of the above: If your loved one never got the chance to file a personal injury case, you could recover the personal injury damages they would have qualified for.
- Loss of financial support: If you depended on your loved one’s income, we can calculate how much their lifelong earnings would have supported you and seek that amount.
- Loss of society or companionship: You must adjust to life without your loved one and all the advice, comfort, and affection they provided.
If your loved one was a victim, we are sorry for your loss, and we would like to help you fight for justice and recover fair compensation.
Smyrna Unsafe Lane Changes Accident Lawyer Near Me (404) 888-8888
How to Change Lanes Safely
Knowing how to change lanes safely is critical, especially when the roadway is crowded. Safely changing lanes involves:
- Starting from a safe rate of speed—you should not be speeding when you start to change lanes
- Switching on your turn signal, so everyone knows you intend to change lanes
- Checking the lane you wish to change to for oncoming traffic
- Staying put if traffic in the other lane has not slowed down for you
- Changing lanes only when there are no cars in the other lane or when the other car has slowed down to let you enter the lane
Any deviation from these steps could increase the risk of an accident.
For example, according to O.C.G.A. § 40-6-241, texting—or using any handheld electronic device for any purpose—is illegal in Georgia precisely because it distracts drivers from what is happening around them. Trying to text while changing lanes is hazardous, and anyone who causes an injury while doing so could get sued.
Other Liable Parties
In rare cases, a lane change accident may not be a driver’s fault. Bader Scott Injury Lawyers can help you determine if you should be suing a driver, a mechanic, an auto part manufacturer, or a government agency.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Call Us For an Attorney’s Advice
Bader Scott Injury Lawyers offers free case reviews to all Smyrna residents involved in unsafe lane change accidents. Call our firm today to find out what one of our attorneys can do for you. We never charge attorney’s fees until after securing compensation for our clients.