Were you injured in a car accident because another driver did not change lanes properly? Let a Carrollton unsafe lane change attorney from our firm fight for your rights.
Our entire team is dedicated to helping people in Georgia recover fair compensation from irresponsible parties who put others’ lives at risk. You could receive damages for the physical, emotional, and monetary losses you incurred due to the accident.
An Unsafe Lane Change Accident Can Cost You
If you do not follow proper procedure while changing lanes (e.g., slowing down, signaling your intention, checking your surroundings), you put your fellow drivers at real risk of injury. If another driver caused this to happen to you, that careless driver could have cost you:
- Physical health: Your injuries could be physically painful and result in disability or scar tissue that will affect the rest of your life.
- Emotional health: Car accidents are traumatic events and living with a painful injury that limits mobility can cause or worsen mental health issues.
- Financial stability: Medical bills, repair bills, and other expenses can add up quickly, especially if your injuries keep you from working or cost you your job.
In extreme cases of unsafe lane change accidents, you could lose a loved one in a car accident. The Georgia Department of Transportation (DOT) reports that, of the 1,335 traffic accidents that occurred in Carrollton in 2021, five resulted in fatalities. In cases like this, you can sue for:
- Your loved one’s losses and suffering: This includes any monetary losses or health issues your loved one did not receive compensation for while they were alive.
- Your emotional suffering: The intense grief and bereavement that follows such an unexpected loss could qualify you for damages.
- Your financial losses: You could be reimbursed for the money you spent laying your loved one to rest and any income they would have earned to support you.
At Bader Scott Injury Lawyers, we believe the party who caused the accident should pay for it. Therefore, our attorneys serving Carrollton can represent you in any legal action against the driver who performed the unsafe lane change that precipitated your collision.
For a free legal consultation with a unsafe lane changes accidents lawyer serving Carrollton, call (404) 888-8888
Bader Scott Injury Lawyers Can Help After a Lane Change Accident in Carrollton
Our team does not want any accident victim to have to fight their case alone. We take pride in being able to handle all legal tasks related to filing a claim or lawsuit on our client’s behalf. Among other things, we can help you:
- Collect enough evidence to convince an insurance company or a jury that you deserve all the damages you are pursuing
- Determine who the liable party or parties are, and get in touch with those parties to see if they are willing to offer you a fair settlement
- Negotiate with the liable party’s insurance company and let you know when they have made an offer that is worth consideration
- Take your case to court to pursue a jury award
Whether you receive a pretrial settlement or a jury award depends on the details of your case, including if the insurance company is willing to negotiate with us. While this and other legal matters can be confusing, we are happy to make things easier for our clients in any way we can, which includes:
- Explaining what rights and responsibilities the law can provide in your situation
- Remaining available to address any concerns or questions you have
- Updating you about your case whenever you ask or if we have new developments
- Advising you on what options we think are best without dictating or making demands about how you should run your case
- Providing you a free case evaluation when you call our office
If you are worried about the cost of a car accident lawyer, you do not have to be. We only charge attorney’s fees after our clients receive their compensation. We would never want someone to forego legal representation due to monetary concerns.
Carrollton Unsafe Lane Changes Accident Lawyer Near Me (404) 888-8888
How Drivers Cause Lane Change Accidents
Any moment of recklessness or inattention could result in a lane change accident. Potential causes of lane change accidents include the following:
- Texting and driving: Texting or any other type of distraction that takes a driver’s eyes off the road. Even a few seconds’ worth of distraction could be disastrous.
- Drunk driving: As it is in most states, driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol is illegal in Georgia, as codified at C.G.A. § 40-6-391. This is because such substances affect your ability to react quickly and process information.
- Drowsy driving: When a driver is tired, they cannot react as fast as they would otherwise, and they might even end up drifting into another lane.
- Speeding: Trying to change lanes while moving too fast does not give other drivers a chance to notice or maneuver.
- Not signaling properly: The turn signal tells others where a driver intends to go. Not using a turn signal properly means other drivers are not provided with pertinent information to drive safely.
You may not know which of these factors contributed to your accident. Therefore, allowing us to investigate your case before you take legal action is a good idea. We can determine what the other driver was doing at the time and whether or not their behavior constitutes negligence.
In addition, we can confirm or rule out the possibility that another party—someone other than you and the driver—was involved. For instance, if your car malfunctioned in a way that made the accident or your injuries worse, like if your airbags did not deploy. In a case like this, you could be entitled to compensation from the airbag manufacturer in addition to the careless driver.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Our Personal Injury Attorneys Serve Carrollton, Georgia
We believe all unsafe drivers in Carrollton, Georgia, should be held responsible for their carelessness. An attorney from Bader Scott Injury Lawyers can help you seek fair compensation from the party or parties who caused your lane change accident.
Call our office today to get more information through a free case assessment.