There is no such thing as a minor car accident if you were left injured and with losses caused by someone else’s negligence. You are at risk for significant and even fatal injuries in this type of collision, even though it did not happen on the road.
A Smyrna parking lot accident lawyer can help you understand your rights. You could seek compensation for car repairs, medical bills, lost pay, pain and suffering, and other losses.
If you were injured in a parking lot accident, call Bader Scott Injury Lawyers for a free consultation that can help you make an informed decision about your next step. You can speak with a member of our team at no cost or obligation. Call today at (404) 888-8888.
How a Parking Lot Accident Lawyer Can Help
Most accidents that occur in a parking lot are preventable. Unfortunately, some motorists do not take reasonable care to look out for other drivers and pedestrians. There are also negligent property owners who fail to properly maintain private parking lots, and this causes or contributes to accidents, injuries, and even death.
A Smyrna parking lot accident lawyer can help you seek compensation from the at-fault party by:
- Obtaining evidence of liability or wrongdoing by the other party
- Securing proof of your injuries
- Valuing your economic and intangible losses
- Filing and managing your insurance claim
- Negotiating a settlement
In some instances, there may be more than one liable party. An attorney with Bader Scott Injury Lawyers will identify and communicate with all liable parties to seek compensation and justice.
For a free legal consultation with a parking lot accidents lawyer serving Smyrna, call (404) 888-8888
How We Show Liability in a Parking Lot Accident
Parking lot accidents are just that: unintentional collisions that are usually caused by someone acting recklessly or failing to act when needed. However, you can pursue compensation even if the other party did not intend to harm you.
Liability contains four elements that must exist for an injured person to seek compensation:
- Duty of care – The other party owed you a duty of care to respond with prudent, reasonable measures to avoid injuring you.
- Breach of care – The other party breached this duty of care in some manner, either through recklessness, negligence, or criminal action.
- Causation – The failure of the other party to uphold a duty of care caused you to suffer injuries.
- Damages – These injuries resulted in damages that are both economic (such as medical bills) and emotional (such as pain and suffering).
In Georgia, you may seek compensation for your injuries even if you played a minor role in the accident, according to the Official Code of Georgia Annotated (OCGA) §51-12-33. A parking lot accident attorney with our firm can help you understand this state law and how it may be relevant to your situation. Call a member of our team at (404) 888-8888 to learn how liability may apply to your case.
Smyrna Parking Lot Accident Lawyer Near Me (404) 888-8888
We Secure Evidence to Support Your Claim
While any available police reports may offer evidence for your claim, other technologies may also be available to tell the story of what happened. Today’s cars have technology that helps a personal injury lawyer understand the circumstances and actions that were involved in a parking lot accident. Digital information systems may store data related to the vehicle’s speed and braking, for instance.
Our legal team at Bader Scott Injury Lawyers also seek other types of evidence to strengthen your claim, including:
- Closed-circuit video footage
- Photographs of skid marks, debris, and final resting place of vehicles
- Photographs or videos of the condition of the parking lot, such as lack of required traffic signs
- Eyewitness accounts and personal cell phone videos
- Statements from involved drivers
We may also talk to your doctor (with your permission) about your injuries to learn how they could prevent you from returning to work, school, or daily life in the short-term or long-term.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
What Forms of Losses May Be Recoverable After a Parking Lot Accident
There are two primary types of compensation that may be awarded to you for a parking lot accident that was not your fault (or mostly not your fault): economic and non-economic.
Economic losses are tangible losses, such as medical bills, car repair bills, and lost pay. Non-economic losses include pain and suffering or loss of companionship.
Depending on the severity and extent of your injuries, a parking lot accident lawyer from Bader Scott Injury Lawyers may pursue compensation for:
- Medical care and treatment, including ambulance costs, surgery, hospitalization, rehabilitation, and prescription medicine
- Lost pay for the time that you were unable to work due to your injury
- Car repairs and temporary transportation costs
- Personal property that was damaged or lost because of the accident
- Pain and suffering
You could also be entitled to seek compensation for disability, disfigurement, reduced earning potential, and loss of companionship.
Click to contact our Smyrna Car Accident Lawyers today
Why Parking Lot Accidents Happen
There are many causes of parking lot accidents, including:
- Failing to yield the right-of-way when backing out of a space
- Driving too fast
- Failing to obey traffic and directional signs
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Drowsy driving
- Distracted driving
Some parking lot accidents are caused by potholes, damaged or cracked pavement, or a lack of proper signage. A parking lot injury attorney may be able to hold a negligent property owner accountable for causing or contributing to your injuries and losses.
Driving While Distracted Is a Leading Cause of Parking Lot Accidents
According to a survey conducted by the National Safety Council (NSC), a majority of drivers admitted to being distracted while driving in parking lots. The leading distractions include:
- Using or programming navigation systems
- Personal grooming
- Talking on the phone
- Using social media
- Sending or reading emails
If a driver was engaging in the above distracting behaviors when they caused your accident, your lawyer may be able to use this information to support your case.
If You Were Injured in a Parking Lot Accident, Give Us a Call
A parking lot accident can leave you injured and facing a pile of bills. A Smyrna parking lot accident lawyer can help you seek compensation for your losses by holding the at-fault party accountable. Call Bader Scott Injury Lawyers today for a free consultation at (404) 888-8888.
Call or text (404) 888-8888 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form