Our Carrollton wrong-way accident attorneys can hand your case from start to finish while you rest and recover. Our personal injury attorneys can pursue the responsible party for the compensation you deserve.
While you rest and recover from your injuries, we can file your case, collect evidence, and negotiate for your financial award. From the beginning to the end of your case, we will do our best to provide you with peace of mind about the process. This means that we proactively communicate with our clients, answer their questions, and guide them through each step of their financial recovery.
The Services We Offer Car Accident Victims in Georgia
We know how much you’ve got going on since your accident. We don’t want to contribute to your worries and anxiety, so we will handle the legal process on your behalf. Here are some of the services we offer once we take you on:
- Filing your case with the appropriate court, according to the deadlines and regulations
- Gathering evidence to support your case, including police reports, eyewitness testimony, and photo evidence of your accident
- Creating a compelling case to present to the insurer, judge, or jury
- Negotiating for compensation that is appropriate for the extent of your losses
- Communicating with the insurer and the legal counsel for the at-fault party
- Providing frequent case updates and answers to your concerns
- Demonstrating the extent of your losses through your employment history, medical documentation, and expert testimony
- Preparing your case for litigation, if necessary
These are just a few of the services we offer our clients. Our priority during this process is to ease your personal and financial burden. To achieve this, we offer our services on contingency. This payment arrangement means you can utilize our services for no upfront costs or fees. We only get paid after we win your case.
Demonstrating the Liability of the At-Fault Party
Georgia is an at-fault state. This means that the person who is at fault for your accident is legally responsible for your personal and financial losses. Meeting the qualifications to prove fault, however, requires that our attorneys demonstrate the responsible party’s negligence.
To meet the criteria for negligence, we must show:
- The at-fault party owed you a duty of care. As motorists are the most common cause of car accidents, this is fairly easy to establish. All road users are responsible for the reasonable safety and care of others.
- They breached their duty of care. Usually, this means that the other driver committed a traffic violation or otherwise acted negligently or recklessly.
- Their action caused your collision. In this case, the at-fault driver’s inattention or recklessness caused them to drive the wrong way down the road and collide with you.
- You suffered damages as a result of the accident. To qualify for a claim or lawsuit, you must have suffered injuries and other losses from the collision.
Our team will gather the evidence necessary to meet these qualifications.
For a free legal consultation with a wrong-way accidents lawyer serving Carrollton, call (404) 888-8888
What Kinds of Damages Can You Collect in a Wrong Way Accident Case?
After a car accident, many victims suffer more than financial losses. You may be struggling with physical pain and lost quality of life, as well. In wrong-way accidents, the chances of severe injury are much higher, especially if you endured a head-on collision. You shouldn’t have to suffer these consequences on your own.
In personal injury accidents, your damages are your physical, emotional, and financial losses. There are two types of damages you can demand after a car accident.
Your expenses and financial losses are referred to as economic damages. There are several categories under this umbrella, including:
- Medical bills. Anything you’ve paid or will pay because of your accident-related injuries should be covered through your case. Common medical expenses include emergency transportation, diagnostic testing, and the cost of reasonable treatment.
- Lost wages. While you recover from your injuries, you may be unable to work. We can recover the loss of your income now and in the future. If your injuries cause you to change jobs, or if you cannot return to work at all, you deserve compensation for this loss of income.
- Property damage. The most common property loss in car accident cases is your vehicle. We can pursue compensation for the repair or replacement of your car.
To estimate the value of these losses, your attorney will gather receipts, bills, repair estimates, and other documentation that attests to your financial losses. They may even consult with experts to estimate your future expenses. Our goal is to secure the compensation that can improve your quality of life now and in the future.
While financial losses often make up a significant portion of your damages, car accident victims often suffer personal consequences for years after a collision. These personal losses are called non-economic damages, which can include:
- Physical pain as a result of your injuries
- Emotional anguish
- Mental distress
- Inconveniences you suffer from your injuries
- Loss of mobility and independence
- Physical scarring and disfigurement
- Loss of enjoyment of life
These losses are more difficult to evaluate, but our team has methods of calculating a fair amount for these important damages.
Carrollton Wrong-Way Accident Lawyer Near Me (404) 888-8888
Common Causes of Wrong-Way Accidents
Oftentimes, the cause of the accident will point to the liable party. We will determine the cause as part of our investigation into your collision.
Some common causes of wrong-way accidents include:
- Impaired driving
- Distracted driving, such as cell phone use
- Car or car part defects
- Inadequate signage
- Poor road design
As you can see, the motorist may not be the only responsible party in your collision. We may also pursue the car’s manufacturer, the municipality responsible for the road, or construction companies responsible for detours and warnings.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Secure Our Carrollton Wrong-Way Accident Attorney for Your Car Accident Case
We know how difficult it can be to take on more responsibility when you’re still recovering from a car accident. However, without a legal advocate, you may be forced to deal with lowball offers and manipulative tactics from the insurer on your own. As your legal representatives, we will fight for your rights to adequate compensation for your losses.
To find out more about our services and your legal options for compensation, call or fill out our contact form today.
Call or text (404) 888-8888 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form