If you have injuries in Decatur after a driver made an unsafe lane change and caused an accident, you could be entitled to seek a monetary recovery. A successful injury claim or lawsuit could help you seek compensation for your losses, including your medical expenses and physical pain.
You have the right to seek guidance from an attorney after an accident. One of our lawyers can help you fight for the best outcome after your unsafe lane changes accident, building a compelling case for your compensation and advising you on your options every step of the way.
Damages You Could Seek after a Car Accident in Decatur
We can help you identify the extent of your losses and determine your total case value. We will work to include every possible dollar in your recoverable compensation, including past, present, and future costs related to your accident, including:
- Medical bills: Hospitalizations, surgeries, ER visits, medications, physical therapy, and more
- Property damage: The costs involved with repairing or replacing your car
- Pain and suffering: If your injuries brought great pain or challenges to your life
- Income losses: If you lost income because of your injuries and work restrictions
For a free legal consultation with a unsafe lane changes accidents lawyer serving Decatur, call (404) 888-8888
Pursue Your Claim Risk-Free
It is understandable if you are worried about the risks associated with pursuing legal action following an unsafe lane changes accident. The good news is that the financial risks that come with pursuing a claim for compensation are minimal, thanks to our firm’s approach to legal fees.
At Bader Scott Injury Lawyers, we offer contingency-fee agreements, meaning:
- We only collect our fee if we obtain a monetary award in your favor.
- If you do not recover compensation for your injuries, you will never owe us anything.
With a contingency fee, our firm keeps an agreed-upon portion of your final settlement or award as our fee, meaning you will never get a surprise bill or be asked to pay fees upfront before we begin working on your claim.
Decatur Unsafe Lane Changes Accident Lawyer Near Me (404) 888-8888
How to Get the Most Out of Your Free Consultation
Our firm offers a free consultation to those injured by other drivers following an unsafe lane change. This consultation provides you with the opportunity to ask any questions you might have about your case at no cost to you.
To maximize the value you get from a free consultation, consider writing down questions beforehand to ensure you do not forget anything at the moment.
Some questions to consider asking include:
- Do you primarily focus on injury lawsuits?
- Have you handled a case similar to mine?
- What do you think my claim might be worth?
- How much trial experience do you have?
- Will you handle my claim directly, or will an associate take it over?
- How do your contingency fees work?
- How does the statute of limitations apply to my case?
These questions could not only prepare you for what to expect from the claims process but could also assist you in understanding how Bader Scott Injury Lawyers will go to work for you.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
We Will Gather Compelling Evidence to Fight for Your Compensation
It is not enough to simply claim the other driver was at fault—we will need to show compelling evidence of the other driver’s negligence.
There are numerous pieces of evidence that could be used as leverage when negotiating a settlement agreement or when taking a case to court, including:
- Photographic evidence. Photos of the scene of the accident or the damaged vehicles could be invaluable to your case. These photos could corroborate your claims by highlighting that the positioning of or the damage to the vehicles is consistent with the other driver making an unsafe lane change.
- Video evidence. Arguably the strongest evidence available is video of the accident itself. We might be able to obtain video evidence from a traffic camera or a security camera from a nearby business.
- Medical records. Your medical records are important evidence in your claim, even if they do not establish negligence directly. That is because demonstrating that you have suffered clear damages is a vital part of the claims process. Your medical records could establish the amount of compensation you deserve based on your medical bills and your pain and suffering.
- Accident reports. Accident reports issued by the responding police officer are valuable for a number of reasons. First, they might indicate that the other driver admitted to fault in the accident. Second, they could list the identity and contact information of any witnesses to the crash. Third, these reports often include a helpful diagram of the accident scene.
- Witness statements. Short of recorded video of the crash, the statement from an independent witness is another important piece of evidence in these cases. We can work to gather witness statements while everyone’s memory of the accident is still fresh in mind.
Ultimately, we will work to uncover evidence in your unsafe lane change accident case in Decatur. We will begin this process immediately when you start working with us. You can get started with your case today.
Click to contact our Decatur Car Accident Lawyers today
State Laws Regarding Unsafe Lane Changes
It is unlawful to make an unsafe lane change in Georgia. According to OCGA §40-6-48, it is a violation to change lanes without first ensuring it is a good time to do so. The statute also applies to motorists that weave back and forth between lanes or change lanes without first ensuring there is no traffic in their path.
A conviction for unsafe lane changes could be used as evidence of negligence. Showing an insurer or a jury that the other driver was convicted of an unsafe lane change shortly before causing your accident could be powerful evidence in your favor.
You May Be Entitled to a Monetary Award after an Unsafe Lane Change Accident
The team at Bader Scott Injury Lawyers is ready to help you pursue the compensation you deserve through a claim or lawsuit after your Decatur accident. An unsafe lane changes accident lawyer from our team can get started for you today when you call for your free consultation at (404) 888-8888.
Call or text (404) 888-8888 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form