Left-hand turn accidents often result in significant injuries and property damages. If you were injured in an accident caused by a negligent driver, you could be entitled to claim compensation for medical bills, lost wages, and other expenses related to the accident.
When you choose us to represent you, we help you navigate the legal process and fight for fair compensation that meets your current and future needs. We believe you should not be forced to pay for your losses when another driver was at fault. We offer an initial consultation at no charge and typically provide our services on a no-win-no-fee basis.
How a Left-Turn Accident Lawyer Serving Decatur Can Help
While no amount of money can make up for the injuries you suffered, our legal team can help you take steps to negotiate a settlement or bring formal legal action against the person responsible for your accident.
We work hard to seek the financial relief you need to continue to heal and move on with your life. We can:
- Manage all communications with involved parties such as insurance companies
- Investigate the cause of the accident
- Gather vital evidence to support your case (police reports, witness interviews, CCTV, expert testimony from medical experts, economic experts)
- Identify at-fault parties
- Prove that negligence caused your injuries
- Estimate the total economic impact of the accident
- Persuasively negotiate for a fair settlement
- Review settlement offers to ensure they will meet current and future needs
- Represent you in court if a favorable outcome cannot be agreed upon
Different Types of Compensation We Can Recover for You
Compensation available to you for current and ongoing expenses related to your injuries could include:
- Medical bills, including doctors’ appointments, surgeries, hospital stays, rehabilitation, and more
- Prescription medications
- Lost wages and any impact on future earnings or work benefits
- Property damage
We Work to Understand How the Accident Affected Your Life
Our personal commitment to our clients means we take the time to understand the unique challenges you face after an accident. We want to fight for all available compensation for your losses—not simply to recover your medical expenses, but to address the overall impact the accident had on your life.
Referred to as non-economic damages, you can also recover compensation for your:
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of activities
- And more
These damages are more difficult to quantify and involve assigning a specific dollar amount to a subjective loss unique to each client. Many insurance companies do not consider these elements. We can determine the accident’s full impact and fight for your fair compensation.
Georgia Laws That Could Affect Your Case
In Georgia, you have two years from the injury date to begin legal proceedings. Per the statute of limitations (OCGA §9-3-33), it is unlikely the courts will hear your case once this time has passed.
Seeking legal advice sooner rather than later can also provide other benefits for your case. This allows us to gather vital evidence to build a robust case before it is diminished, lost, or destroyed.
Determining Fault in a Left-Hand Auto Collision
Establishing fault and negligence are vital factors when pursuing compensation. However, it can be difficult to determine fault due to the traffic rules for right-of-way at intersections. A left-turn accident lawyer serving Decatur can examine your case’s details and provide clarity about your legal options.
Forms of negligence that may lead to left-turn accidents include:
- Misjudging the speed of vehicles in an oncoming lane before turning
- Failing to yield to another motorist, cyclist, or pedestrian with the right-of-way
- Being distracted while driving by using a smartphone, for example
- Failing to see an oncoming car, cyclist, or pedestrian in a crossing
- Reckless decisions causing collisions from driving while under the influence
- Turning into the wrong lane
- Failing to signal when turning
The driver making the turn improperly is likely at fault for the accident. Still, there are situations where the other motorist may share some degree of fault. Sharing some degree of fault does not prevent you from seeking compensation from the other driver, however.
If you have questions about your legal options or are unsure about who is at fault, we can investigate your accident and tell you how much you may be able to seek. This way, you are protected from making common and costly mistakes that could harm your case.
Injuries and Losses After an Intersection Accident
The Federal Highway Administration (FHA) suggests that intersection accidents represent a significant share of traffic accidents and other traffic issues. A serious auto accident can cause devastating injuries that may result in long-term health complications, such as:
- Broken bones
- Spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI)
While your injuries may differ from those listed above, it is important to understand how we can help fight for the compensation you deserve. Being in pain, unable to work, and facing ever-increasing costs for your care can be a challenging experience.
Having legal representation to manage your case’s legal responsibilities helps to ease the pressure often associated with serious auto accidents. It also means you can focus on healing rather than paperwork.
Legal Representation in Decatur With Proven Results
The dedicated team at Bader Scott Injury Lawyers focuses on personal injury cases. Clients have confidence in our abilities to deliver due to:
- A proven track record of success managing complex cases
- Experience landing million-dollar settlements for clients
- A personal approach to understanding each of our clients’ challenges and expectations
- An award-winning legal team
Call Bader Scott Injury Lawyers Today
Our determination to fight for you to get your life back after being injured is at the heart of everything we do.
Call us at (404) 888-8888 for a free case review. A member of our team will explain your legal rights and options. Call today to get started.