Every day, 29 lives are lost, and around 800 people are injured by drunk drivers nationwide. Despite preventative measures and harsh penalties for drunk driving, these startling statistics from Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD) highlight just how many of us are put at risk simply by going about our day-to-day lives.
Were you or a loved one injured by an intoxicated driver in Gwinnett County? If so, you have legal options. Bader Scott Injury Lawyers has a team of Duluth drunk driving accident attorneys prepared to champion your legal rights. We’re ready to secure compensation for your injury-related expenses today.
What Are My Options for Recovering Damages?
We can seek financial damages through an insurance claim or lawsuit. In either situation, you must prove that the other driver was negligent and caused your collision. With our team’s help, you can recover:
- Medical bills and rehabilitation costs
- Lost wages
- Other job-related losses, such as lost tips, bonuses, and benefits
- Pain and suffering and inconvenience
- Your vehicle’s replacement or repair costs
- Wrongful death-related expenses, including funeral costs, burial fees, and other related damages
- Other out-of-pocket expenses, such as rideshare costs and childcare expenses
In some cases, drunk drivers may also be ordered to pay punitive damages. Punitive damages aim to punish the at-fault party for their negligence. These are not awarded in every case, however. They are generally awarded in cases of egregious negligence or misconduct.
Our team will evaluate your case and explain what you’re entitled to receive. We will evaluate your medical bills, property damage invoices, and other records to determine what you need.
We’ve Resolved Many Civil Cases During Our Years of Service
Some of our previous case results include:
- $425,000 for a motor vehicle accident. Our client came to us after suffering serious injuries to his neck and back. The at-fault driver paid $25,000 out of pocket. The insurance company paid the remaining amount.
- $250,000 for a collision. Not only did our team settle our client’s case for $250,000, but additional funds are underway.
- $197,500 for a car accident claimant. Our client suffered painful neck and back injuries. What’s more, the insurance company refused to offer a settlement. Yet, just days before litigation, the insurance company came forward with an adequate offer.
These are just some of the outcomes we’ve achieved for injured claimants and their loved ones. You can learn more about our previous outcomes during a free case review with our team.
For a free legal consultation with a drunk driving accidents lawyer serving Duluth, call (404) 888-8888
How Long do I Have to File My Case?
Per O.C.G.A. § 9-3-33, Georgia’s statute of limitations generally grants you a two-year period to file a lawsuit. This deadline applies to both injury and wrongful death lawsuits.
We must file your case within this deadline, or you risk losing the chance to seek damages. Furthermore, the more time that passes between now and your accident, the less likely certain forms of evidence will be available.
How Long Will My Case Take to Resolve?
The amount of time it takes to resolve your case depends on many factors. However, negotiations out of court typically take less time to resolve than filing a lawsuit.
While we can’t estimate how long your case will take to settle, you can rest assured that we’ll do everything possible to keep it moving forward. We will press the claims adjuster for prompt responses, present compelling evidence, and protect you from bad faith insurance practices.
Duluth Drunk Driving Accident Lawyer Near Me (404) 888-8888
How Our Drunk Driving Accident Attorneys in Duluth Can Help
Bader Scott Injury Lawyers is a proud member of the Multi-Million-Dollar Advocates Forum. That means we’ve recovered millions for injured claimants and their loved ones. To resolve your case in the best possible manner, we will help you by:
- Guiding you through the legal process
- Ensuring your rights are protected
- Managing all communications
- Answering your questions and providing regular case updates
- Conducting a thorough investigation into what caused your accident
- Identifying potentially liable parties
- Taking depositions from witnesses
- Assessing the full financial impact of your injuries
- Negotiating an appropriate settlement with the at-fault party’s insurance company
- Representing you in court, if necessary
We will provide you with client-centered services that meet your situation. You can learn more about our full suite of services during your free case review.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Listen to What Our Clients Have to Say About Us
We’re not just another injury law firm. We’re a pillar of legal support for those living in and around Duluth. You don’t have to take our word for it, however. Some of our previous clients have shared:
- “I had the smoothest experience possible…It was raining and a car 2 cars behind me cause a 4 car collision. At the time i was 37 weeks pregnant. The accident caused me to unexpectedly deliver my baby. The attorneys reached out to me, explained everything very clearly. They were very transparent and wanted to be sure I had a full understanding of what to expect.” – Shalisa M.
- “I was referred to Bader/Scott by my son. When I called your office I was connected to Ms. Karen Padilla who was very thorough and professional in her questions. She also made me feel at ease. I am very pleased with her performance.” – Eileen C.
Click to contact our Duluth Car Accident Attorney today
Our Drunk Driving Accident Attorneys in Duluth Support Injured Claimants
Bader Scott Injury Lawyers understands the devastating impact serious injuries can have on your life, family, career, and future. While the criminal justice system is designed to punish reckless people who drink and drive, it does not yield compensation for injured claimants. Your civil case is different than the state’s case against the at-fault driver.
Our focus is to aggressively protect the rights of injured people who are needlessly hurt by such careless behavior. We will do everything possible to ensure you are appropriately compensated for your losses. Contact us and schedule a free initial consultation to learn about your legal options. We are here to help and support you through this difficult time.
Call or text (404) 888-8888 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form